Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Can anybody identify these bits? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15948)

jerrytlr 10-11-2013 12:45 PM

Can anybody identify these bits?

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all

I picked up my brand new EC300 (2012 model) a couple of weeks ago, and the dealer forgot to give me the key as well as a bag full of other stuff.

Well I picked all the extra stuff up today. Great to see a half decent bum bag, dodgy OEM tool kit, and a spare rear sprocket but along with that there is a load of stuff that I don't recognise - I have no idea what it is! So naturally I am appealing to the genius of gasgasrider to help me identify these items.... 7 in all..... attached are some pics.

It's worth noting that the bike was delivered in full road trim, i.e. indicators, mirrors etc. all fitted.

TIA for any help you can give me

Cheers

Jerry

Biff 10-11-2013 01:12 PM

1&2 are the airbox restricters. The others not sure.
Hopefully you have the chrome front pipe fitted.
You will need to change the stock needle as well
Biff

swazi_matt 10-11-2013 01:13 PM

The first is the airbox restrictor for guys that want to insult the engineers that worked painstakingly to produce the GG

3 looks like a kill switch bracket

5 is to replace your cable choke with choke on the carb ( recommend doing this before it starts playing games with your jetting and ruining rides)

Can't see the others clearly

swazi_matt 10-11-2013 01:15 PM

4 looks like sponge so may be part of the airbox restrictors

Jakobi 10-11-2013 04:58 PM

4 I believe are stuffers for the 2012/2013 airbox vents. The rest as Matt said, including fitting the manual choke knob and getting rid of the cable pull.

jerrytlr 10-11-2013 05:24 PM

Thanks guys.

Biff - yes, chrome exhaust fitted, but I think the jetting is still factory stock.

Jakobi - when might I want to use the airbox stuffers??

Swazi - good call on the kill switch bracket, I have the kill switch in the pack too, just checked and yes that's exactly what it is!

So, only numbers 6 and 7 still to identify........ :)

What's the deal with the handlebar mounted choke then - do they tend to stick on or something??

Cheers,

Jerry

Jakobi 10-11-2013 06:52 PM

No idea re where they go. I've never seen a 2012/13 in person but sure I'm read it somewhere. Have a look in the airbox. Are there any holes the same size as the foam?

The cable mounted choke is just unneccessary. Its something you use once a day for all of 20-30seconds. Its got no place on the bars. If the cable sticks it'll play with your fuel mix, or if you ride tight singles, the last thing you need is a vine to pull the choke wide open. Speaking of which, if you haven't yet, make sure you tie wire the throttle cable at both ends.

jeffs2200 10-11-2013 09:50 PM

7 looks like part of the roller in the power valve assembly. I think 6 may be something to do with pv also.

gasgasman 10-11-2013 10:38 PM

#6 is a throttle limiter that fits into the carb cap to keep the throttle from opening past 1/2 throttle.

nknudsen 10-11-2013 11:31 PM

What is the point of the air box baffles and throttle stop on these? Is it some weird Spanish regulation?