Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Can't Even Give My Money To Gas Gas (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23248)

risk74 01-18-2018 02:12 PM

Can't Even Give My Money To Gas Gas

Cash in hand for 6 weeks trying to buy a "transformation kit" for my 04 EC300.

Made a purchase through Motocrosscenter.com because they had the best price and seemed to be the only place that had them in stock. The sale went through, but I soon received an email that they could not sell to the US (why did they take my money in the first place then?). They refunded my money, but not before an international transaction fee that cost me $18 both ways, now out $36. Told me to order from a US Gas Gas dealer.

Fine no problem, I would have done that in the first place had I known these were factory Gas Gas parts and not aftermarket. Called after locating the part number and ordered. Dealer was great about keeping in contact and letting me know the part was on order. Three weeks go by.

Today the dealer tells me he just found out that there is no stock in the US (they told him there was) and there is no date when there will be. Motocrosscenter has these in stock ready to ship, but I can't buy the damn stuff from them or get it here in the states. Ridiculous. This is the 21st century, and I'm not trying to buy discontinued parts, I'm trying to buy shit that is collecting dust on a shelf, but can't.

Disclaimer: this is not a slam on the dealer, who has been very good about the whole thing, but rather the bullshit system that keeps me from getting the parts I need which are available elsewhere when I can't get them here. It's like they don't want my money.

CDN Rick 01-18-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by risk74 (Post 181012)
Cash in hand for 6 weeks trying to buy a "transformation kit" for my 04 EC300.

Made a purchase through Motocrosscenter.com because they had the best price and seemed to be the only place that had them in stock. The sale went through, but I soon received an email that they could not sell to the US (why did they take my money in the first place then?). They refunded my money, but not before an international transaction fee that cost me $18 both ways, now out $36. Told me to order from a US Gas Gas dealer.

Fine no problem, I would have done that in the first place had I known these were factory Gas Gas parts and not aftermarket. Called after locating the part number and ordered. Dealer was great about keeping in contact and letting me know the part was on order. Three weeks go by.

Today the dealer tells me he just found out that there is no stock in the US (they told him there was) and there is no date when there will be. Motocrosscenter has these in stock ready to ship, but I can't buy the damn stuff from them or get it here in the states. Ridiculous. This is the 21st century, and I'm not trying to buy discontinued parts, I'm trying to buy shit that is collecting dust on a shelf, but can't.

Disclaimer: this is not a slam on the dealer, who has been very good about the whole thing, but rather the bullshit system that keeps me from getting the parts I need which are available elsewhere when I can't get them here. It's like they don't want my money.

That really does sound frustrating. I can imagine it gets annoying especially after two failed attempts. Have you tried having the dealer call GasGas and explaining to them your frustration?

Remember that this is a new company trying to catch up on the old companies shortcomings. I'm sure they will get it all to you.

Keep us updated on if you can work something out. I've found corporate to be great about making sure they are working hard for us to build faith back up. The first indecent doesn't sound like anyone's fault in particular. And I'm sure a few phone calls to corporate by your dealer should sort out the second one.

Hope it all works out for you soon!

MxPhlipper 01-18-2018 08:23 PM

Have a "trusted" member over there make the purchase for you?

risk74 01-19-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MxPhlipper (Post 181024)
Have a "trusted" member over there make the purchase for you?

I thought about that, but somehow it really rankles me to have to pay shipping twice. Instead of making people jump through hoops to get parts, Gas Gas should be making it easier.

hadfield4wd 01-19-2018 07:18 AM

Can't Even Give My Money To Gas Gas

Thats a bummer. I wonder who makes the plastics for motocross center? I bet they don’t make them themselves. Try to maybe find that out and get part number to see if it can be ordered locally. I’m kind of in the same boat if I wanted to upgrade my looks. I decided not to though.

risk74 01-19-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadfield4wd (Post 181040)
Thats a bummer. I wonder who makes the plastics for motocross center? I bet they don?t make them themselves. Try to maybe find that out and get part number to see if it can be ordered locally. I?m kind of in the same boat if I wanted to upgrade my looks. I decided not to though.

I have the part number for the kit. 2899RAC2013#H. It's Gas Gas. Which is apparently the reason Motocrosscenter cannot sell it to the US. I did try to order it locally from Matto's.

risk74 01-20-2018 08:10 AM

Update:

I received a private message from Mark Berg at Torrot telling me the kit will arrive at Matto's in two weeks. I appreciate everyone's help with this, and while not an ideal situation, it is nice to know that there is help there when we need it!

Kris

(F5) 01-21-2018 01:20 AM

Look mate I followed this thread loosely. Understanding the concern about wanting to give money away, if it makes it easier I can operate as a conduit. The first part is seamless. Send money directly to my PayPal and I'll make sure it gets to GasGas in some form or other.
Or I'll spend it at the supermarket where I can buy fantastic Craft Beer or a range of world leading Sauvignon Blanc and I'm sure it will comfort you to know that quality products are imbibed on your behalf. Actually it's Riesling tonight after some nice pale ales.
Very tired. Hot day out riding the GG today.

(F5) 01-21-2018 01:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This ride was 15 min from my place. OK 30 min cause had to buy a bacon sarnie for lunch and a bacon and egg pie for. . . Well supplementary breakfast.

CDN Rick 01-21-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by risk74 (Post 181072)
Update:

I received a private message from Mark Berg at Torrot telling me the kit will arrive at Matto's in two weeks. I appreciate everyone's help with this, and while not an ideal situation, it is nice to know that there is help there when we need it!

Kris

THIS! Is why I'll keep buying GasGas!!! I'm sure they would have gotten it to you without this thread. But that level of contact is unheard of from every other motorcycle company!!