Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Electrical & Wiring (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   200 EC Electrical probs. (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3470)

nwcycle 10-22-2008 02:32 PM

200 EC Electrical probs.

Hello, looking for any advice on the 02 200 GG , i ran it this past week end, had a constant miss i thought was lean jetting, well this got worse through the day, finally bogged out and quit, i had thought maybe a fouled plug, but i changed the almost impossible to do with a reg wrench, and started up, runs untill it gets hot then dies out, am i looking at a coil? stator assy?
and does anyone out there have either of these used, or is there an upgrade??
thanks all

gasgasman 10-22-2008 03:36 PM

My 2001 SE250 was doing the same thing.
Turned out to be an ignition coil.

Couple things to check also.
Gas cap vent.
Kill switch.
Be sure the plug boot is screwed on tightly to the coil wire. You can always cut a 1/2" off the wire and screw the plug boot back on.

nwcycle 10-22-2008 11:39 PM

Thanks, do i need to buy a genuine gas gas coil or will one retro fit??
my cap didnt have a line on it, will have to check that,
also is it often these bikes are noted to collect water or moisture in the stator area?
mine has been siliconed from hell, so just want to make sure got all bases covered
thanks

PEB 10-22-2008 11:46 PM

I have a coil you could buy/try. The stator cover should be removed after every wash to let it dry out.

nwcycle 10-23-2008 01:08 AM

coil

how much are you looking for, on the coil?
shipped to 60050

Skidad 10-23-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEB (Post 22047)
The stator cover should be removed after every wash to let it dry out.

I learned this to be true on my KTM as well. I started removing the cover after every wash when I discovered the mess in there after I drowned out my bike. It was amazing it still ran considering the corosion and mung inside from the years of not being removed and dried out properly. I don't believe in sealing up the cover and will be removing my new to me Gassers cover after each wash. CRC electrical cleaner is you friend also for stator area cleanup.

At the very least get the motor up to full operating temps after washing the bike if you choose not to pull the cover (this should be done anyway if possible)

nwcycle 10-23-2008 01:09 PM

thanks skidad, i know thats what i should do, i guess laziness is to blame, i really do feel it is a coil, but the way this was siliconed up , i would even think O Bama could infiltrate it with spam!!!
but will be pulling it apart tonight and checking it all, i also have a coil tester at the shop, i will cook it for a bit see what happens...........

Thanks guys for all the quick tips and info