Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dirt Rider Impression 2011 XC250 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8010)

Viet Nambotin 10-09-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay (Post 49786)
What are you getting?

I have a 2011 XC250 on its way...

I have always considered myself a dedicated 125 guy probably always will be...

But I have always been intrigued by the Gas Gas company...when I saw the 2011 XC 250 models.....it was an easy choice

and now I wont have to shift as often :D

ps nice to see fellow Husky riders here

urnuts 10-09-2010 08:59 AM

Pics

I figured that would be tough to recover from, but after seeing some pretty crazy moves over the years...... you never know!

Clay 10-09-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viet Nambotin (Post 49790)
I have a 2011 XC250 on its way...

I have always considered myself a dedicated 125 guy probably always will be...

But I have always been intrigued by the Gas Gas company...when I saw the 2011 XC 250 models.....it was an easy choice

and now I wont have to shift as often :D

ps nice to see fellow Husky riders here

Who are you buying it from?

urnuts 10-09-2010 04:28 PM

"Trick"?

"The new gassers look trick"
Man, that's really dating yourself:D
That reminds me of drilling out everything on the bike and safety wiring all the bolts back in the '80's- that was the "trick" thing to do.
Don't hear that word much any more.
I'm trying to get up to VT to see the 250XC, but I'll wait for the e-start.

motorhead 10-09-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urnuts (Post 49808)
That reminds me of drilling out everything on the bike and safety wiring all the bolts back in the '80's- that was the "trick" thing to do.

I was "stoked" to finally be eligible for senior class 4 yrs ago. Until I found out thats where all the tough old fast dudes are! Started out racing mx in 81',had alot of bikes over the years. Really like that gas gas motor.

eff 10-10-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urnuts (Post 49808)
I'm trying to get up to VT to see the 250XC, but I'll wait for the e-start.

You know you want one. Do it, do it :D

Viet Nambotin 10-10-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay (Post 49802)
Who are you buying it from?

From a great guy.....or actually from a couple of great guys :rolleyes:

stainlesscycle 10-10-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 49811)
I was "stoked" to finally be eligible for senior class 4 yrs ago. Until I found out thats where all the tough old fast dudes are!

you ain't kidding. i normally ride in 40+ class. i went to a race 3 weeks ago, and they accidentally gave me a 30+ number and i got on the line, and asked the guy next to me that looked about my age, "is this the 40+ class"? he said "no way, this is 30+" - i said "how old are you?" he says "45" - i said, "damn, they put me in the wrong class" - his reply, "i won't run in that 40+ class, way too fast for me"

:)

amazingly, i've been considering running in the bomber class (10 year old bikes) next year in one of the series i do.... i dunno what that will be like, but it sure could be interesting...

Clay 10-11-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viet Nambotin (Post 49828)
From a great guy.....or actually from a couple of great guys :rolleyes:

I was going to make sure that I sent that dealer a bike. If you don't want to tell me, that's ok. Shoot your own foot off!! :)

Clay 10-11-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stainlesscycle (Post 49833)
you ain't kidding. i normally ride in 40+ class. i went to a race 3 weeks ago, and they accidentally gave me a 30+ number and i got on the line, and asked the guy next to me that looked about my age, "is this the 40+ class"? he said "no way, this is 30+" - i said "how old are you?" he says "45" - i said, "damn, they put me in the wrong class" - his reply, "i won't run in that 40+ class, way too fast for me"

:)

amazingly, i've been considering running in the bomber class (10 year old bikes) next year in one of the series i do.... i dunno what that will be like, but it sure could be interesting...

At the last national enduro, Randy Hawkins was 3rd!
Holy cow that's a tough class!