Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   All Other Bikes... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sherco (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20127)

memphis2857 08-24-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnut (Post 156664)
I can think of one reason why I'd never purchase a Sherco in the US.:p

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to start a shit storm by saying anything. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

on2wheels4ever 08-24-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnut (Post 156664)
I can think of one reason why I'd never purchase a Sherco in the US.:p

Care to elaborate? Sounds personal.

mcnut 08-24-2015 12:51 PM

I can only speak for myself but I didn't have a pleasurable customer experience with the current distributor of that brand. I am being polite by not elaborating further.

CombatYoga 08-24-2015 02:02 PM

People are important

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnut (Post 156671)
I can only speak for myself but I didn't have a pleasurable customer experience with the current distributor of that brand. I am being polite by not elaborating further.

Suffice it to say that me and my riding buddy Jason won't be buying Sherco's anytime soon for the same reason.:D
They seem like sweet bikes!

husqhb 08-24-2015 08:20 PM

I've had no problems with the importer, as a matter of fact he's gone out of his way to make sure I was satisfied. He's aces in my book. As for the 300se-r he shipped to my house it is by far the best handling enduro bike I have owned right out of the crate! And I've owned many Huskies and GG's. They were good,but not as good as this Sherco. They've set the bar to a new level. Buy one, you won't be sorry.

prentice 08-24-2015 09:14 PM

At this point in time, I'd go with the Sherco, no question. In part because it is a very good machine, which is the most important thing. And also because of the extraordinary helpful customer service from the knowledgeable person who is current Sherco distributor. I speak from personal experience, having purchased an e-start 2011 GG 300 from him back in 2012 for another family member, who needed an e-start.

Buying a Gas Gas today is more than a little scary, given all the well known problems in some recent years models, and the current bankruptcy, which could affect parts availability and the already low resale value. Ask me how I know -- I've 4 GG's. Once upon a time, a very good brand relative to the competition.

Were I to buy a new machine today, it would be a Sherco. Call up its excellent distributor and talk, then decide for yourself what works best for you.

on2wheels4ever 08-24-2015 09:35 PM

Thanks folks!

VxZeroKnots 08-24-2015 09:38 PM

Right there too with Sherco. Way better built bike than my gas gas. Handling is equal, weight is noticeably better. I'm a rare case and having trouble getting the suspension to work for me but regardless I wouldn't go back, it's just a much better motorcycle.

Personally I like how the importer is no bullshit and says it how it is even if it's not what you want to hear.

Boom Boom 08-25-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasGas (Post 156597)
On my second Sherco SER 300. Great bikes and probably the most similar to GasGas to ride. Easy transition and don't require a lot of setup. Also very easy bike to work on and stone reliable like a GasGas.

+1 Well said

on2wheels4ever 08-25-2015 08:04 PM

I spoke with Clay, seems nice and can have a bike at my door step in a few weeks, delivered.