Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   All Other Bikes... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sherco (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20127)

hamilton 09-03-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders (Post 156989)
I now ride a 2006 EC200. I am considering an upgrade to a secondhand 2015 EC200 or perhaps a Sherco 300i fourstroke?

Did anyone her test these two back to back? How does the engine power/torque compare? I would presume they might be quite similar as my current ride is quite nice and linear.

I understand from what I read that the transition from 06 GG to a current Sherco chassis should be easy to do, even for an old an slow guy like myself.

Any thoughts?

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

Having a 12 200 that I really like, and having had a chance ride the Sherco 300 4t it's not the bike for me. I would suggest a demo ride before buying. Some people love them, me not so much.
I would love to get hold of a 15 ec200!

john r b 09-03-2015 06:12 PM

I'd like to fine a 15 xc200 but.

Dirt Dud 09-03-2015 07:10 PM

Someone posted about one in Alaska somewere

bkwdc 09-03-2015 07:29 PM

I rode the sherco 300 4t. Two words; bor ing. 2011 gg still winning races. No flame outs. No FI problems. And, oh, has a kick starter.

muddertrucker 09-03-2015 07:47 PM

In one night i got a chance to ride and compare a sherco 300 2t, a tm 300 2t a 2014 gg 300 and my 2011 gg 300.

My bike was the most powerfull by far, it was also the one that felt the most comfortable ergonomicly speaking.

The sherco was very maneuverable and the mapping switch realy made a big difference. The power was very similar to the 2014 gg. But it felt too smal for me and im only 5'10.

I enjoyed the tm, it was the wich felt the most comfortable and easy to ride the power was also alot of fun.

Anders 06-22-2017 02:44 AM

A friend of mine is not very happy with his 2017 orange 150cc, and is about to borrow a Sherco 300 fourstroke demo bike. I will join him on one of his test days, and get a ride on the Sherco, most likely next week. As I have mentioned earlier, I was thinking about the Sherco four stroke as a possible choice when I bought my 2015 EC200, but had no chance of a test ride. Hence the 200, and I am very happy with it.
But must say I'm looking forward to testing the Sherco.

Stoby 06-22-2017 07:41 AM

sherco

I ordered a 17 300 ser 2t and am waiting for it to arrive Should be here tomorrow. I am looking forward to taking it out and seeing what I got Loot of positive reviews on the bike on the web. Lots of former gasser riders on the sherco forum .I'll let ya"ll know what I think next week
Stoby

mtnmanseth 06-22-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoby (Post 177611)
I ordered a 17 300 ser 2t and am waiting for it to arrive Should be here tomorrow. I am looking forward to taking it out and seeing what I got Loot of positive reviews on the bike on the web. Lots of former gasser riders on the sherco forum .I'll let ya"ll know what I think next week
Stoby

So you bought a Sherco and I bought a Beta. Their 2018 rollout isn't going well for long-time GG loyalists, in my eyes at least...

Enjoy the new scoot!!

nhgas 06-22-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoby (Post 177611)
Stoby

Will you be riding NETRA events? Where did you buy it?

Stoby 06-22-2017 04:09 PM

sherco

Got it today . No real chance to do more than a few laps around my house . Gonna adjust bars and such tonight and take it out in the Franklin forest tomorrow.Still need to order big boy springs It's got some cool features . It has its own 2 way throttle cam. Map switch that affects ignition and the electric power valve, quick release seat, easy filter access . Starter works great so far - hope so with no kicker ....
I don't run netra may someday ,was going to but I really prefer just riding as to racing I usually do 1 jday race a year as all my riding friends race them .
I bought the bike from Clay. it was a low hour spare bike for Nick Fahringer. He got a newer SC model and Clay made me a really great deal on this one.
Definitely feels foreign to me . But feels very light, and the power seems snappy like my 01 300 xc that I did some work to. But I'll know more when I get her in the woods. If you are ever out this way I'd gladly let you check her out.