Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   All Other Bikes... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sherco (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20127)

on2wheels4ever 08-21-2015 09:01 PM

Sherco

Well have you guys thought of buying one? I'm buying a bike in the next month, why not a Sherco? Beta???? Gas Gas is a touch scary at the moment.

gasgasman 08-21-2015 09:29 PM

Not only no, but HELL NO!!!:rolleyes:

Ud_luz 08-21-2015 10:30 PM

I don't know about Sherco but I have a Beta 300rr and an xTrainer which both seem to be excellent.

I think Beta will be around for the long haul.

swazi_matt 08-21-2015 11:59 PM

For 2 strokes there are three bikes I am interested in, GG beta and Sherco and if I was buying new I would (unfortunately) cut that down to two

GasGas 08-22-2015 12:01 AM

On my second Sherco SER 300. Great bikes and probably the most similar to GasGas to ride. Easy transition and don't require a lot of setup. Also very easy bike to work on and stone reliable like a GasGas.

on2wheels4ever 08-22-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasGas (Post 156597)
On my second Sherco SER 300. Great bikes and probably the most similar to GasGas to ride. Easy transition and don't require a lot of setup. Also very easy bike to work on and stone reliable like a GasGas.

I have no doubt the Beta is a great bike and I have a good dealer nearby, I really like the idea of the Shercos mapping, from what I have read it really changes the power, much more than my current Gasser and the Beta also. I guess I should ride a Beta before I rule it out.

GasGas 08-22-2015 09:01 AM

On the mapping, it's like 2 bikes in one. I call it the 200 button.

twowheels 08-23-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on2wheels4ever (Post 156601)
I have no doubt the Beta is a great bike and I have a good dealer nearby, I really like the idea of the Shercos mapping, from what I have read it really changes the power, much more than my current Gasser and the Beta also. I guess I should ride a Beta before I rule it out.

If you make it to Lawton Saturday for the Grapevine Family Enduro you can ride the Beta 300 there. A couple of my other customers will be there with 250s as well, so I'm sure we could get you a back-to-back.

Cox76y 08-24-2015 06:20 AM

I rode the 2015 sherco 300 2stroke a few weeks back. Definitely went quicker than my 2012 300r. I found it very light in the steering compared to my bike, which I didn't like. However this could be something that you could get used to after a few hours. I preferred the factory version to the standard 300. I haven't ridden the beta but have read lots of good reports. One thing I do like is the ease of air box access. Looks like sherco may be going full injection soon.,
http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/en...fuel-injection

Regards
Josh

mcnut 08-24-2015 09:46 AM

I can think of one reason why I'd never purchase a Sherco in the US.:p

memphis2857 08-24-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnut (Post 156664)

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to start a shit storm by saying anything. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

on2wheels4ever 08-24-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnut (Post 156664)

Care to elaborate? Sounds personal.

mcnut 08-24-2015 12:51 PM

I can only speak for myself but I didn't have a pleasurable customer experience with the current distributor of that brand. I am being polite by not elaborating further.

CombatYoga 08-24-2015 02:02 PM

People are important

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnut (Post 156671)
I can only speak for myself but I didn't have a pleasurable customer experience with the current distributor of that brand. I am being polite by not elaborating further.

Suffice it to say that me and my riding buddy Jason won't be buying Sherco's anytime soon for the same reason.:D
They seem like sweet bikes!

husqhb 08-24-2015 08:20 PM

I've had no problems with the importer, as a matter of fact he's gone out of his way to make sure I was satisfied. He's aces in my book. As for the 300se-r he shipped to my house it is by far the best handling enduro bike I have owned right out of the crate! And I've owned many Huskies and GG's. They were good,but not as good as this Sherco. They've set the bar to a new level. Buy one, you won't be sorry.

prentice 08-24-2015 09:14 PM

At this point in time, I'd go with the Sherco, no question. In part because it is a very good machine, which is the most important thing. And also because of the extraordinary helpful customer service from the knowledgeable person who is current Sherco distributor. I speak from personal experience, having purchased an e-start 2011 GG 300 from him back in 2012 for another family member, who needed an e-start.

Buying a Gas Gas today is more than a little scary, given all the well known problems in some recent years models, and the current bankruptcy, which could affect parts availability and the already low resale value. Ask me how I know -- I've 4 GG's. Once upon a time, a very good brand relative to the competition.

Were I to buy a new machine today, it would be a Sherco. Call up its excellent distributor and talk, then decide for yourself what works best for you.

on2wheels4ever 08-24-2015 09:35 PM

Thanks folks!

VxZeroKnots 08-24-2015 09:38 PM

Right there too with Sherco. Way better built bike than my gas gas. Handling is equal, weight is noticeably better. I'm a rare case and having trouble getting the suspension to work for me but regardless I wouldn't go back, it's just a much better motorcycle.

Personally I like how the importer is no bullshit and says it how it is even if it's not what you want to hear.

Boom Boom 08-25-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasGas (Post 156597)

+1 Well said

on2wheels4ever 08-25-2015 08:04 PM

I spoke with Clay, seems nice and can have a bike at my door step in a few weeks, delivered.

rnr 08-25-2015 08:40 PM

Sherco all day, any day. My 14 250 2t is worlds better than my 13 300 GG was. Lighter, stronger, more responsive, and better build. Sherco's genius is not just the electronic power valve that allows real dual map power characteristics, but sourcing parts and using dimensions that are common with the most common brand on the market.

It's just a better package all the way around.

bkwdc 08-25-2015 09:01 PM

I've seen men behave like men. I've seen the same men behave as complete unprofessional assholes. Caveat Emptor!

Boom Boom 08-26-2015 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkwdc (Post 156745)
I've seen men behave like men. I've seen the same men behave as complete unprofessional assholes. Caveat Emptor!

And how does this effect the bike quality and performance?

mcnut 08-26-2015 07:41 AM

Not one bit but character matters.

gasser 08-26-2015 10:35 AM

People we all need to get over this "personalities" thing. It's just not fair to judge anyone based on one or two bad incidents. There isn't a one of us that hasn't acted like an a-hole or done something really out of character more than once.

on2wheels4ever 08-26-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasser (Post 156762)
People we all need to get over this "personalities" thing. It's just not fair to judge anyone based on one or two bad incidents. There isn't a one of us that hasn't acted like an a-hole or done something really out of character more than once.

I agree, I have been an A hole more than once... So I've been told.

mcnut 08-26-2015 11:34 AM

Well I guess my background in customer service and quality assurance causes me to head another direction when I've been treated poorly.
I've had my Beta almost a year and had a couple issues that were promptly handled by my dealer (twowheels). Beta USA was quick to respond as well. And I didn't get berated by the distributor.

tnttimber 08-26-2015 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=Boom Boom;156761]Not going to disagree with you.

"What are the odds of even having a conversation with the importer of Yamaha, KTM, Beta"

Having a conversation with the Beta importer is a piece of cake. Probably not with Yamaha or Ktm though.

webmaster 08-27-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgasser300 (Post 156775)
I personally never had a bad experience from the previous importer. Matter of fact he went out of his way when he found out my 12' was one of the few that was strapped down incorrectly in the crate from Spain on the ship over. They were strapped down by the silencer and caused the frame to have a slight bend in it. Which tweeked the frame to one side by literally an inch from center when it was measured. He offered me a new frame or a check for the cost of the frame, I got to choose which one.

Maybe it was my approach to him not acting like a self righteous a-hole. Not saying any of you that had a bad experience acted that way. Just saying! :rolleyes:

So, personally I wouldn't count Sherco out as a choice, but I'm not selling my Gasser anytime soon to be looking at any other bike anyways!!! People that own them seem to really love them. Never heard anything negative about em'.

In the past I have read some posts from guys that talk about how close of friends they are with the previous importer at the time and then come on here and slam the bikes, the parts supply, the dealers, the importer, the manufacturer, etc.....Talk about some two-faced S.O.B.'s. And I'm sure he read some of them to and got tired of it. Not mention having your importation ripped out from under you. I'd be a little sour!

Take it down a notch. No name calling is allowed here, etc. You refer to some as "self righteous a-holes" and others as "two faced S.O.B.s". This is out of character for this discussion forum. No mud slinging please.

Thanks,
jeff

desertgasser300 08-27-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkwdc (Post 156803)
Just don't forget your chap stick there big boy. And yes, you'll be fine.

Zzzzzzz!

I don't see how hinting at mild enuendos about Clay on thread is helpful or on topic about the performance of a bike? So you guys had a problem with him, that doesn't reflect on the bikes or France for that matter.

I won't apoligize for what I wrote, but grown men should know better then to take every opportunity to voice there dissaproval of him. Let it go already. And if you related to my post that is on you!

webmaster 08-27-2015 11:38 PM

What do you think I mean when I ask that you take it down a notch?

Please keep it civil.. this is the last warning....

Jeff

swazi_matt 08-28-2015 12:37 AM

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...th-sherco-love

Looks like it rides very similar to 10/11 gas sees

twowheels 08-28-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swazi_matt (Post 156816)
http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...th-sherco-love

Looks like it rides very similar to 10/11 gas sees

How's that?

twowheels 08-28-2015 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgasser300 (Post 156806)
Zzzzzzz!

I don't see how hinting at mild enuendos about Clay on thread is helpful or on topic about the performance of a bike? So you guys had a problem with him, that doesn't reflect on the bikes or France for that matter.

I won't apoligize for what I wrote, but grown men should know better then to take every opportunity to voice there dissaproval of him. Let it go already. And if you related to my post that is on you!

Better come in from the heat and chill for a little bit ;)

swazi_matt 08-28-2015 03:54 AM

well .... i suppose most bikes look the same when seen on a phone :-)

actually just trying to get this back on topic

da bears 08-28-2015 09:11 AM

My last bike was a GG 13 EC250 and I really enjoyed it. Before that it was a Husky 11 TE310 (and many before that of differing brands and models). My current bike is a Sherco 15 300SER. To me the Sherco is the best bike I have ever owned by a fair margin. I typically buy all my bikes from the same dealer and he/they give me fantastic service. The Sherco is built well, handles great right out of the box, has a quality E-start, and the map switch truely is effective.

Anders 09-03-2015 03:27 AM

I now ride a 2006 EC200. I am considering an upgrade to a secondhand 2015 EC200 or perhaps a Sherco 300i fourstroke?

Did anyone her test these two back to back? How does the engine power/torque compare? I would presume they might be quite similar as my current ride is quite nice and linear.

I understand from what I read that the transition from 06 GG to a current Sherco chassis should be easy to do, even for an old an slow guy like myself.

Any thoughts?

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

Boom Boom 09-03-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders (Post 156989)
I now ride a 2006 EC200. I am considering an upgrade to a secondhand 2015 EC200 or perhaps a Sherco 300i fourstroke?

Did anyone her test these two back to back? How does the engine power/torque compare? I would presume they might be quite similar as my current ride is quite nice and linear.

I understand from what I read that the transition from 06 GG to a current Sherco chassis should be easy to do, even for an old an slow guy like myself.

Any thoughts?

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

I owned a 2011 300 GG and have friends with a 250 and 200 GG both also 2011.
My 2014 Sherco 300 4-stroke power is much closer to the 250 than the 200 or 300. Think more of an electric motor, you get exactly what your wrist dials out with the 300 4-stroke. The mild setting leans a little toward the 200 once it was off the bottom but with far more grunt than 200 smoker. On the hot setting my 4-stroke is closer to the 300 smoker prior to hitting the pipe.
On the Sherco you will notice the pegs are located higher than the GG, much nicer for sit down riding and attack standing riding, I found the GG more comfortable for just common stand trail riding. The Sherco will feel smaller than the newer GG and closer to your existing bike.

Jakobi 09-03-2015 01:50 PM

There will always be quite significant differences between a 2 strokes power delivery and a 4 stroke. Add in FI, and that a 4T of equal capacity will make less peak HP and it gets even harder.

I personally find the current generation FI 4 strokes very uneventful. Seamless smooth power. Very predictable and easy to ride (regardless of capacity). Don't like how 4Ts flame out/stall at a certain rpm where a 2T would still be ticking over either.

Boom Boom 09-03-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 157000)
There will always be quite significant differences between a 2 strokes power delivery and a 4 stroke. Add in FI, and that a 4T of equal capacity will make less peak HP and it gets even harder.

I personally find the current generation FI 4 strokes very uneventful. Seamless smooth power. Very predictable and easy to ride (regardless of capacity). Don't like how 4Ts flame out/stall at a certain rpm where a 2T would still be ticking over either.

All good points and will not disagree...might want to add that 4-strokes tend to run hotter and steam over quicker. That was what my mindset was going into giving a Sherco 4-stroke a try. A week ago 15 friends of mine all loaded up for a week of riding in Colorado at 10k+ elevation. Had a mix of KTM, Gassers, Husky and my Sherco. My fuel consumption was on par with the 2-strokes but my power was still very close to back home at 500 - 1,000 elevation and the smokers were all very down on power as expected with elevation. The 4-stroke KTM's with FI were all far too lean, great on fuel but fans ran alot and steamed if they even looked at a hill. I had no fan, nor auto-clutch and done a modest amount of clutch fanning in the ugly stuff. I was blown away when I never steamed once and my friend riding my 11 GG 300 was steaming (takes a bunch to make the GG steam). My power was always what I needed nor any surprises so yes you could say uneventful. For this 52 year old trail rider my Sherco pulled me thru areas I expected to do battle in and never once had the clutch squawk back at me. I am still not a 4-stroke fan and enjoy the fun a 2-stroke can offer but this little 4-stroke wins me over more each time I ride it and far more nimble than my 11 GG could ever hope to be. No flame outs to date. Sherco fuels the bike as it should be and not to pass any EPA standards.