Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Single Track Mind Suspension Open House (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8947)

mudwasp 02-20-2011 10:37 AM

Single Track Mind Suspension Open House

Hi there, just wanted to tell the community about the open house today at Single Track Mind Suspension in Ft Collins Colorado. Dave Rose is the guy to go to for Gas Gas suspension tuning and service( or any other make of bike for that matter). I had him service the Ohlins on my Moto Guzzi Scura and his work is top notch! He will be handling my XC 300 when it gets here also.Open House from 1-4 today February 20th. He has been trying to join this forum but has experianced some technical difficulties-so direct contact for now would be a good thing!

You can find him a
STMsuspension.com
or
Single track Mind
216 commerce dr unit F
Ft Collins,Colorado
(970) 222-9597

mudwasp 02-20-2011 10:27 PM

Went to the open house, very nice. Dave took the time to take a fork leg and shock apart(kawasaki KX 250F) and explained the workings of each( to those who don't know much about suspension it was an eye opener).He gave some tips on how he could taylor suspension for the individual riders wieght , riding style and expectations. Scott Bright's forks were done and sitting on the bench awaiting pickup. Hopefully Scott will be able to give some feedback regarding Dave's work.
Bruce at Motoadventure, Loveland Colorado also had a XC 250e fork set up the same as Scott's forks so there is a baseline. I will be getting an opportunity to ride that bike tomorrow in some technical single track, it will not be set up for my riding style or weight but i look forward to comparing it to the stock settings it had when i rode the bike a month ago.
For those of you looking for an alternative to the other suspension guys STM is worth a look.

coopernicus 02-20-2011 10:56 PM

I'm really sorry I missed this...Is there any chance he will be doing this again in the future?

Eric

REVERUP 02-21-2011 12:53 AM

I like the name of the business. I have that! :D

Roscoe

waycrazy 02-21-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVERUP (Post 57873)
I like the name of the business. I have that! :D

Roscoe

Its a west side thing..:D

mudwasp 02-21-2011 11:07 PM

I am pretty sure that Dave will be doing something like this again in the future. There was an incredible turnout of people from across the motorcycling spectrum- lots of Supermoto racers,streetbike and track guys and gals, and of course lots of dirt fanatics. I will mention the idea next time i see him.
On the Gas Gas fork tune report- I did not ride the bike today but from sitting on it and messing with the front end it felt much smoother. It was really cold where we were riding and our single track was very icy, since that bike is still in perfect condition i did not want to be the first to scratch the heck out of it! My comrades who did ride it were very impressed with the adjustments made and felt that Dave had gotten the fork pretty well sorted out. I will give my opinion when i actually ride it.