Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Western United States (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Phoenix riding? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16674)

bluespark 01-30-2014 08:33 PM

Phoenix riding?

Hello AZ, I'm looking for some info on the winter riding opportunities around the Phoenix area. My uncle owns a condo there, with a garage where I could stash one of my bikes. It would be a nice escape from the CO winter if I could get down there 4-5 times a season and get some single trackin' in.

I have a plated LC4 400, but i would rather take my 300 XC-E. I guess I could plate the GG but am also considering leaving a truck there for shuttle duties.

So, Please tell me what I want to hear: There is Tons of easily accessed winter ST with no one around!

iamovru 01-31-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluespark (Post 127417)
Hello AZ, I'm looking for some info on the winter riding opportunities around the Phoenix area. My uncle owns a condo there, with a garage where I could stash one of my bikes. It would be a nice escape from the CO winter if I could get down there 4-5 times a season and get some single trackin' in.

I have a plated LC4 400, but i would rather take my 300 XC-E. I guess I could plate the GG but am also considering leaving a truck there for shuttle duties.

So, Please tell me what I want to hear: There is Tons of easily accessed winter ST with no one around!

Sycamore and Mile Markers, but you will need to be shown around Mile Markers to find the good stuff.

desertgasser300 01-31-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluespark (Post 127417)

What part of PHX will you be in?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

bluespark 01-31-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgasser300 (Post 127483)
What part of PHX will you be in?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I'm not quite sure where his place is just yet, he just recently purchased it. I will find out tomorrow what the exact address is.

If it works out, I'll probably make it down this winter for a week of riding and scouting sometime around March. This way I can get my bearings for next ice season. I'll keep you posted.....

bluespark 02-02-2014 08:57 PM

So The place is in Sun City, near N 111th ave and Hatcher road. It is a townhome with a carport, not a real garage. Not a deal breaker though, I'm sure I could find a secure bike storage spot.

Is this somewhat close to any riding?

whodat 03-01-2014 10:06 PM

yeah, lots off trails with in 20 minutes. send me a pm and I will try to put something together.