Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Chassis & Body (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Are Michelin still making the AC10? Alternatives? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24351)

Davehuge 03-26-2019 01:26 AM

Are Michelin still making the AC10? Alternatives?

Does anyone know if Michelin are still making the AC10 tyre?

I've been using them for a number of years and have been really happy with them. They give good grip but are hard wearing and easy to find online at cheap prices.

I've just been looking but they suddenly seem more difficult to find and the ones I have found are more expensive than I've paid before.

Can anyone recommend a tyre that offers similar levels of grip and durability for a cheap price?

Thanks, Dave.

masterbill 03-26-2019 02:14 AM

Hello,

Pretty sure that the AC10 is being replaced.

I think that the new tyre is called a Tracker.

https://www.endurotyres.com/product/120-90-18-m-c-65r/

Have a word with Al Ranger at endurotyres.

Cheers Bill

Davehuge 03-26-2019 03:10 AM

Yes Bill, you're exactly right. :)

I emailed Michelin and they replied 5 mins later, this is what they said...

"Thank you for your message regarding the MICHELIN AC10. This tyre has been replaced in the range for 2019 with the MICHELIN TRACKER. Better performance especially on the front tyre but still road legal so perfect for green-laning and enduro playdays etc."

Unfortunately the Tracker looks to be quite a bit more expensive. :(

So I'm looking for a cheap alternative, doesn't have to be road legal or FIM approved.

Anders 03-26-2019 06:36 AM

Talking of rear tires:
I really like the Mitas C18. I use it in green stripe version, the soft compound. The knobs get rounded pretty fast (soft compound), but in my experience, the grip is good even when the tire starts looking quite worn.

However, the C18 are also available with a red stripe, a harder compound if you'd like longer life and less grip. Mitas used to be cheap in Norway, but prices have increased.

Right now (after the snow disappears), I have a Michelin Enduro Medium rear tire. Good grip, should last better than the Mitas, but quite expensive.

masterbill 03-26-2019 09:59 AM

The tracker is supposed to be a big improvement on the AC10. I used the 10's on my 250 didn't like the feel on the front though.

rvangeel 03-26-2019 08:23 PM

Have a look at the Motoz tires. I ran the tractionators for the last few years. Great tires. Decent price. Excellent grip and they last the longest out of all the other tires I’ve used in the past. They are DOT approved(for street use). Apparently they are made of natural rubber as opposed to synthetic rubber which makes them wear better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hadfield4wd 05-06-2019 11:48 AM

hard to go wrong with a Kenda Trakmaster for a Dual Sport tire.

RudolfHucker 05-06-2019 12:53 PM

How are the Metzeler 360 priced where you are? Just fitted a Medium/Soft version and it's pretty good on all going so far.

It's a full height mx style block with plenty of meat on it and the pattern is symetrical so you can turn it to extend life.

Davehuge 05-07-2019 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudolfHucker (Post 189866)
How are the Metzeler 360 priced where you are?

Yes, the Metzeler 360 looks pretty good, I'll consider one next time. I've just bought a couple of Michelin AC10's to keep me going.

All the best Dave.

Davehuge 07-09-2019 04:13 PM

It seems Michelin AC10 tyre sizes were measured differently from other tyre models.

For example the 120/90-18 AC10 is much bigger/wider than a Bridgestone 120/90-18.

Can anyone tell me... Is the new Michelin Tracker the same? What size would be suitable for a EC300?

All the best, Dave.