Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rocky Mountain MC (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15130)

Marc 06-03-2013 05:56 PM

Rocky Mountain MC

Just a heads up but I was ordering parts for my KX on rockmountainmc.com and just checked to see if they had parts for my Gasser. Well its not much but they have now started carrying some parts for the 2011 gasser and newer. Its not much. Brake pads and chain rollers but its a start,

forgiven 06-03-2013 07:20 PM

I ALWAYS shop there or GoFasters...that is awesome. Hopefully they will carry more.

bkwdc 06-03-2013 09:13 PM

Just don't complain when your small bike dealers (usually the ones trying to provide gasgas, beta, sherco) go under because everybody bought from mountain, wal mart, big box store, etc. I give my dealer first chance to get it for me. I'm happy to pay extra or wait a bit. Took guts to be a gasgas dealer. I appreciate it. Oh boy am i gonna get yelled at.

forgiven 06-03-2013 10:23 PM

I sold DRR mini race quads for a few years, and I never got upset if someone bought cheaper or somewhere else. I just figure it is all part of the deal. My business was not made or broken by aftermarket sales. Aftermarket sales sure helped, and I priced things very aggressive and sold some stuff. It was my philosophy that with a small dealer I should be able to get a better deal since I had little overhead. Worked for me...perhaps it is different now. A person should never put themselves in an ALL IN situation where everyone has to buy everything from you for you to succeed.

As a dealer I felt it was my job to provide a value added solution (not just price) and if I was forced to sell things by price it was because my value added solution either meant nothing to them or it wasn't very good hence no value...then it all comes down to a number.

I understand it is some peoples passion but at the end of the day it is a business. If you can't put a competitive product out for a competitive price your business days are numbered whether or not I buy a set of shrouds, tire, or brake pads from you. It is not about being a hater or anything like that.

A rich guy who didn't make as much as I thought considering his finances once told me it is not what you make but what you keep that makes you rich. I will on occasion overpay but I try not to make it a rule because it is just bad business.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion to be sure, and that is mine. I will let you feel your way if I can feel my way...cool?

Coop 06-04-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkwdc (Post 113347)
Just don't complain when your small bike dealers (usually the ones trying to provide gasgas, beta, sherco) go under because everybody bought from mountain, wal mart, big box store, etc. I give my dealer first chance to get it for me. I'm happy to pay extra or wait a bit. Took guts to be a gasgas dealer. I appreciate it. Oh boy am i gonna get yelled at.

If my local dealerships didn't act like elitist jerks I would use them more. I wrenched in shops for years and the attitude by parts guys and mechanics has always boggled my mind. I haven't had to buy any GG parts yet but I will give the "local" shop (an hour away) a chance before I condemn them. I usually give shops twice in case the first bad experience was just a bad day. After two I am done with them.

nambo-trev 06-04-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coop (Post 113367)
If my local dealerships didn't act like elitist jerks I would use them more. I wrenched in shops for years and the attitude by parts guys and mechanics has always boggled my mind. I haven't had to buy any GG parts yet but I will give the "local" shop (an hour away) a chance before I condemn them. I usually give shops twice in case the first bad experience was just a bad day. After two I am done with them.

Weird you say that my dealerships around here are much the same! Which is too bad because I would pay a bit of premium for good service and help when I needed it.

arminhammer 06-04-2013 07:35 AM

As a mechanic I would like to ask you all to stop taking up all your mechanics time asking how to fix your bike at home. Half my day is taken up on the phone answering stupid questions for free. Do you give away free stuff at your job?

bkwdc 06-04-2013 07:50 AM

Yep. I opened a no win can of worms. I dont always agree with my dealer. Heck, most of the time he's hard to like at all. I'm not supporting him. I'm supporting the only network that exists. People seem to want gasgas, clay, ie someone else to provide great bikes cheap. I choose (my opinion, and thanks for "letting" me have one) to support the only people trying to provide bikes to the market; the dealer. Same reason I don't shop at wal-mart (china). Have we learned anything. Big banks, no service. Etc.

cladoo 06-04-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkwdc (Post 113347)

It is tough to be a GG dealer, especially when guys from here are buying bikes from a so called dealer 1200 miles away who brings up bikes from the US and sells the bike for less than my cost including shipping!

GMP 06-04-2013 10:06 AM

It would not surprise me to see the small exotic dealers eventually go away, in the traditional sense at least. A system of regional sales/tech reps, and direct sales, parts supply could work. Lean and mean. There is just not enough money to squeeze out of this system to keep everyone happy.