Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Ride Reports (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2010 ec 300 report (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7124)

gg3 04-10-2010 02:22 AM

2010 ec 300 report

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I finally got my new bike(minus a button start) & have been able to get a few hours on it.Coming off a 2002 ec300 this is a very different bike.
Firstly it looks better than the launch photos,beautifully designed machine.The brakes are really strong front & back,just having trouble adjusting the pedel low enough.The suspension was my main concern after having a WP/Ohlins setup that was very nice.The Sachs setup blows it away!I haven't set any sag or played with the clickers & it's awesome.Rather than looking for smooth lines you can get on the throttle & just hammer through anything.
The motor has the factory jetting except the pilot has gone 1 size leaner.The motor really is stunning & very fast!The dual curve switch has been dubbed pussy mode & man mode.Both modes seem to have the same bottom & top end but man mode pulls through the bottom & mid range with a quick twist of the throttle,screams it's head off & buggers off down the track with you hanging off it.Pussy mode (my prefered option) allows you to ride in a wide mid range to get traction down but still cracks at the top,wicked!
This thing flys as well.It is perfectly balanced on jumps & I found I was hitting them with way more confidence & speed.
I don't miss the e-start at all,you just have so much fun riding it.If you get a chance to ride one DON'T.Unless you are seriously considering updating your bike.Your trusty stead will never feel the same again & when your riding her hard,she will know your thinking of someone else!

wence 04-10-2010 02:35 AM

Nice bike,
But no need to tease ok.......
Cheers Mark

Todd5774 04-10-2010 05:20 AM

Congrats!

There is no better feeling in the worlds than a new bike!:D

noobi 04-10-2010 06:39 PM

Congratulations on the new beasty :D

I think gasgas in New Zealand is really moving forward now, especially as the new 2010 gassers are cheaper than the KTMs. I have several friends who are very interested in the 2010 bikes. And im doing my best to try and pimp the brand as much as possible... :p

gg3 04-10-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobi (Post 42177)
Congratulations on the new beasty :D

I think gasgas in New Zealand is really moving forward now, especially as the new 2010 gassers are cheaper than the KTMs. I have several friends who are very interested in the 2010 bikes. And im doing my best to try and pimp the brand as much as possible... :p

Good man,fly the GG flag! I got to ride a 2009 KTM 300 exc-e before I got the GG,it had $1200 of fork work done & a scott steering dampner on it.I like the KTM's but I found the GG a better bike stock standard .
Had my first off today,hit a slab of papa rock in a clay uphill.It is now broken in!

noobi 04-10-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg3 (Post 42182)
Good man,fly the GG flag! I got to ride a 2009 KTM 300 exc-e before I got the GG,it had $1200 of fork work done & a scott steering dampner on it.I like the KTM's but I found the GG a better bike stock standard .
Had my first off today,hit a slab of papa rock in a clay uphill.It is now broken in!

:eek: Was the bike ok?
Did you find that the KTM felt fat around the pegs? Something I notice when riding any KTM (my dad has an 09 250exce ). Also a worked bike is usually better than any stock bike, but if you liked the GG over a worked KTM, thats a good thing :D
Just imagine how good your bike would be if you put that same work into it....

gg3 04-10-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobi (Post 42184)
:eek: Was the bike ok?
Did you find that the KTM felt fat around the pegs? Something I notice when riding any KTM (my dad has an 09 250exce ). Also a worked bike is usually better than any stock bike, but if you liked the GG over a worked KTM, thats a good thing :D
Just imagine how good your bike would be if you put that same work into it....

It didn't even stall,just layed there ticking over waiting for me to get my sorry arse off the ground.No scratches.I was OK too if anyone was concerned.

bchatt 04-11-2010 12:08 PM

With a new bike like that I imagine you threw yourself under the bike to protect it, at the first sign of trouble:D

HuskyDude 04-11-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg3 (Post 42157)
The brakes are really strong front & back,just having trouble adjusting the pedel low enough.

Glad you could share your ride report with us gg3. I had the same problem with the rear brake pedal on mine. Couldn't get it low enough. I ended up taking the threaded rod off the rear brake pump and cutting about 3-4 mm off the threaded end for better adjustment.
The suspension is awesome that for sure. http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/imag...s/thumbsup.gif My back end is 'breaking in' nicely compared to my front which was done by LT Racing
The whole bike just keeps getting better after every ride.:D Who needs a 'Magic Button' this bike start first kick almost every time.
http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/imag...ies/cheers.gif

flybars 04-11-2010 05:26 PM

great report's guy's! That's fantastic that they go for less than the Ktm too. That will help sales I'm sure. Keep the ride reports coming!:D