Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Considering the Kiwi Move (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22858)

hadfield4wd 08-08-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (F5) (Post 178410)
When (if) I get more time I'd like to dirt ride down the south island. Been there on road bike many times in the past and it is beautiful. We just don't admit it in presence of mainlanders as they refer to themselves. There's still great riding up here. An engineer should get good money in the right place. But still not as much as a slimey salesman. But that's always the case

Unfortunately there are not jobs there for "slimey salesman". And even not so slimey ones. Otherwise I would apply.

(F5) 08-09-2017 01:08 AM

Ahh, you need a conscience extraction.

swazi_matt 08-09-2017 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmo737 (Post 178392)
I am an Aussie, but go to the South Island every year at least, the country is amazing, the people are awesome and the food, wine and activities are unsurpassed, if the wages in my industry weren't so low compared to oz, I'd be there in a flash.... I'd even go to crusaders or Otago matches if I had to.

I have a close mate who's kids go to boarding school in Christchurch and he rates the education standard higher than oz.

And last of all, the whole South Island looks like a natural terrain mx track, there is bound to be good riding. Just by a coat.

maybe from these guys lol
http://www.swazi.co.nz/product-category/mens/jackets/

hadfield4wd 08-09-2017 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (F5) (Post 178418)
Ahh, you need a conscience extraction.

Haha maybe.

gg3 08-10-2017 12:51 AM

Hi Swazi, Civil Engineers are in demand.In light of recent political activity in SA,maybe a move is a wise decision before you have to move?Just fill a container with bikes when you come.

swazi_matt 08-11-2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg3 (Post 178430)
Hi Swazi, Civil Engineers are in demand.In light of recent political activity in SA,maybe a move is a wise decision before you have to move?Just fill a container with bikes when you come.

Not sure which of the many possibilities you are talking about lol. Maybe the 8th vote of no confidence in their president or the state capture by the guptas or worst of all the gas gas agent not bringing in the 2018 bikes

In Swaziland it is generally very safe and peaceful but we don't have the luxury of an active constitution just an absolute monarch who is buddies with other remaining despots from places like equatorial guinnea and gadaffi (before he was taken out) and corruption everywhere is the big thing that gets me as I have my own company and it is looking more and more like I will need to choose to seriously downsize or play the game

swazi_matt 08-11-2017 01:06 AM

How is the kids (and adults) trials scene in nz? Might be something I could get into

Also what are the requirements for dirt bikes? Do they need to be licensed or would I have as much trouble at no customs importing a used lawnmower?

(F5) 08-11-2017 03:29 AM

There is an active trials scene here but it is super amateur club level. Ideal for kids. Unlikely to impress visitors. But some good riders emerge as there is great obstacles in this hilly terrain.

Don't have to register dirtbikes at all.

Can join kiwibiker.co.nz. mostly a roadbike forum but there's a visitors section and many questions are already posted. Be prepared to have thick skin, we take the piss out of each other, but ts all largely tongue in cheek.

Harry 08-14-2017 05:44 PM

Hi Swazi,

Check your PM

HArry

swazi_matt 08-15-2017 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry (Post 178513)
Hi Swazi,

Check your PM

HArry

No PM, but sent you my email address
thanks
M