Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2013 muffler (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18860)

rzide 01-04-2015 04:29 PM

2013 muffler

Is there a well settled opinion as to the best muffler available for a 2013 300? I am heavy, 220lbs, and hit the q4 with my tire and it sticks out way to far for my liking. Its more preventative now but I can foresee issues in the future of problems if the bike were to take a tumble. Ideally id like a shorter and smaller better sounding and performing muffler. Is that to much to ask? lol

Thanks for any info.

memphis2857 01-04-2015 05:14 PM

House of horsepower

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jakobi 01-04-2015 05:52 PM

Cut it down!

shang 01-04-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 146258)
Cut it down!

What he said! I took about 5" out of my Q4 and modded the Inside a little. It's a little louder but it was too quiet before and I was nearly running over hikers and bikers.

rzide 01-04-2015 09:48 PM

I have ABSOLUTELY no business doing the cutting, I don't have the tools or experience. Is this something I could take to an exhaust shop and they would know how to do? Is there something I need to ask for specifically?

tonyraft 01-05-2015 03:02 AM

Yep cut it down !!

barossi73 01-05-2015 05:09 AM

ive been considering cutting mine down too,it may also help reduce spooge?does a cut down stealth mess up the plastics worse or better?cutting the outer is straightforward,but how about the inside?did you leave spark arrestor intact?modify anything else?any welding required?jetting changes?there was something mentioned briefly in another thread I think on this?cant remember if it was the stealth tho

barossi73 01-05-2015 05:28 AM

search "stealth" and theres a thread 'qstealth v turbine core'discussing fitting a cannon racecraft,with some tweaking.i think somewhere in the "what did you do to your gasgas today?"section someone had cut stealth with some pics?lots of pages to trawl in there...I agree its a bit porky looking for a 2t can!

bowhunter007 01-05-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzide (Post 146272)
I have ABSOLUTELY no business doing the cutting, I don't have the tools or experience. Is this something I could take to an exhaust shop and they would know how to do? Is there something I need to ask for specifically?

Cutting down can is a simple affair. If the guts are similar to any other silencer...a simple "chop saw" with a metal blade will do the job, in a few minutes. I would disassemble it, and have a look inside first. Once a length is determined, any fab shop should be able to hook you up. The last silencer I cut down took about an hour & a half to cut, weld, repack, reassemble, & mount to bike.

shang 01-05-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barossi73 (Post 146280)
ive been considering cutting mine down too,it may also help reduce spooge?does a cut down stealth mess up the plastics worse or better?cutting the outer is straightforward,but how about the inside?did you leave spark arrestor intact?modify anything else?any welding required?jetting changes?there was something mentioned briefly in another thread I think on this?cant remember if it was the stealth tho

On mine it cut down on the spooge a little but I think that it was more due to shortening the pipe in the end cap so it doesn't overlap as much. Although I doubt you will ever get rid of all the spooge with this type of silencer design.