Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   New Bikes (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   2014 ec 300 es (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18143)

bukwheat 09-09-2014 08:27 PM

2014 ec 300 es

Brand new, never been started GASGAS 300 EC electric start. $7899 OTD Call Bill at Dirt Bike Supply, Pelham, AL 205-664-3800! Please someone buy this before I piss off the wife and buy it myself! :D

iamovru 09-10-2014 07:03 PM

We have a dealer here asking $6500 for the same bike. Show the dealer ;)

http://www.taskysmetriccycle.com/id89.html

celler 09-10-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamovru (Post 140373)
We have a dealer here asking $6500 for the same bike. Show the dealer ;)

http://www.taskysmetriccycle.com/id89.html

I looked at the ad. 6500 on top for a 14 and 8500 on the bottom?? I don't need a bike but I thought the 6500 sounded really low so I looked.

iamovru 09-10-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celler (Post 140376)
I looked at the ad. 6500 on top for a 14 and 8500 on the bottom?? I don't need a bike but I thought the 6500 sounded really low so I looked.

8500 is MSRP. $6500 is correct, the dealer is going out of business. I have already spoken with him. But the 13 is more?? I dont understand that

liv2day 09-11-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamovru (Post 140377)
$6500 is correct, the dealer is going out of business. I have already spoken with him. But the 13 is more?? I dont understand that

Hasn't Tasky's been around for a long time? No good to lose a dealer :(

Crazy deal on that '14 though, are you thinking about it since you're still out a bike right now?

iamovru 09-11-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2day (Post 140428)
Hasn't Tasky's been around for a long time? No good to lose a dealer :(

Crazy deal on that '14 though, are you thinking about it since you're still out a bike right now?

I think they have been around for a long time. I know they are trying to sell now, but I dont know what their plans are if they dont sell it. As far as the 14 goes, I dont really know at this point. This is day 21 from when the scum bag stole my bike. I spoke with State Farm yesterday and their appraisers as expected are having hard time finding information on my bike. I just hope it doesnt turn into a payoff war. But at this point it seems like It will be ok.

desertgasser300 09-11-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamovru (Post 140431)
I think they have been around for a long time. I know they are trying to sell now, but I dont know what their plans are if they dont sell it. As far as the 14 goes, I dont really know at this point. This is day 21 from when the scum bag stole my bike. I spoke with State Farm yesterday and their appraisers as expected are having hard time finding information on my bike. I just hope it doesnt turn into a payoff war. But at this point it seems like It will be ok.

Thats ridiculous, they can sure find a value when they start charging you a monthly fee.
So how do they know what to charge if they dont know the value?

nknudsen 09-11-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgasser300 (Post 140433)
Thats ridiculous, they can sure find a value when they start charging you a monthly fee.

My 2 cents. I just went thru this whole thing with State Farm regarding my ZRX after the deer collision. The claims/adjuster folks like to use places like the Cycle Trader etc. to try and get a value on the used bikes. I'm guessing it's hard for them to come up with a GG to check value since they're not on every corner. Good luck with the process, State Farm is good to work with.

iamovru 09-11-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgasser300 (Post 140433)

They didnt even know what it was! They couldnt even tell by reading the title that it was a 2011 EC300E, which it says in the upper right under "Model Series" They asked if it was a 250? Really?

iamovru 09-11-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nknudsen (Post 140434)
My 2 cents. I just went thru this whole thing with State Farm regarding my ZRX after the deer collision. The claims/adjuster folks like to use places like the Cycle Trader etc. to try and get a value on the used bikes. I'm guessing it's hard for them to come up with a GG to check value since they're not on every corner. Good luck with the process, State Farm is good to work with.

I have had State Farm forever and they insure everything that I have, including my life. In their defense, they did want to know about the bike and everything that was installed on the bike. They asked for as list of everything, so well see. They said that if they cant come up with a payoff that I feel is fair. They will start calling dealers that sell Gassers and ask them what they would sell my bike with everything installed for.