Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Injury & Recovery (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   My Toughest Year (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20597)

nknudsen 12-17-2017 07:41 AM

Good luck and keep up the fight!

Dirt Dud 12-23-2017 08:21 PM

So my first time in a hospital was not to great and really scared me to go back . Well guys if you are in pain DO NOT put it off . I went for an upper GI test at 8 am monday and was in ER by 10:30 3 days later and a good scare I learned my stomach was twisted like a balloon . I sat in the ER reading about it and it is very rare and very deadly . After a few test mine is only a partial twist so after the holidays we will figure out if they can fix it and how bad it really is . So DO NOT put it off if something is not rite .Thanks for your prayers and have a great holiday season .

RBrider 12-24-2017 06:07 AM

Good advice for all of us. Thanks for checking in. Hope your latest health issues can be fixed fully & quickly.

Best wishes and prayers for a better & healthier New Year for you & family.

RB

Dirt Dud 04-07-2018 07:38 PM

Dusted off my trials bike today and took it out for a bit . That is about all I am capable of rite now . I had surgery Feb 12th and so far still not able to gain any weight 125 pounds 6"1". With one surgery left to do but I am putting it off just because I am sick of being in a hospital. So my trials bikes are going to be my dirt riding for awhile . My other outlet are my MP3 500cc n my BV350 scooters I am hooked on these great rode bikes . People live life like it is your last day alive because you never know .

Motorman_55792 04-12-2018 04:12 PM

Just take care of yourself and get some strength back!

Dirt Dud 06-26-2018 05:00 PM

Doctors orders gain some weight and get in shape , so I am riding my trials bike 3 days a week and started doing some pushups and stuff . Turns out that trials riding does not effect my body in the adverse ways that my enduro and rode bikes do . I knew that my body was telling me something else was not rite so I went to a Nuerologist and was diagnosed with Parkinsons . So as far as medicine for a treatment it is just plain nasty :mad: and my doctor told me to add some weight at 6 '1; and now up to 137 pounds And work out . So I am in a club that has a great track about 14 miles away that has a professional hillclimb on it. So it is a steep and challenging track that I can go to at 5:30 am ride an hour or so and be at work on time . The only real problem and it is painful with enduro and road bikes is that my hands and legs cramp really bad . A short road ride today resulted in being stuck in my house resting waiting for these cramps to go away . My doctor prescribed Rasagiline WOW the side effects are flat out scary ! So now I take Magnezium , Potassiam , pickle juice , trace minerals and drink lots of water some with carb gain power .I am also using Theraworx foam but am still getting bad cramps sometimes . And it really makes me want to ride my trials bike more and that is the good coming out of a few tough years .

hadfield4wd 06-26-2018 07:15 PM

Tom, you are still in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GasGas 12-13-2018 08:48 PM

I hope you get things sorted out soon Dirt Dud. I'm 3 years down the road from finding out I had a clogged heart initially to finding out I have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and now it's become obstructive and I need to have a Septal Myectomy. I just missed my surgery date on Dec 6th due to a bad cold and now have a chest infection. Hopefully I can get fixed in the new year, so I can get my life back on track.