Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   baseline ohlins setting (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2592)

fullthrottle 04-21-2008 08:42 PM

baseline ohlins setting

i am 65kg were is a good place to start for a baseline setting??
i currently have
hs=2 turns out
ls=15 turns out
rebound=30 turns out
sag 110mm
it still feels harsh sometimes and isnot sticking to the ground/tracking aswell as id like. im sure i dont have the best setting for my weight and am not a suspention tuner so dont know were to start thanks

widebear 04-21-2008 11:38 PM

Stuff like this is pretty tough to do a virtual diagnosis on. But you might be a little light for that spring , provided that its the stocker that came on the bike.If its harsh and not staying planted I would try adding MORE comp and less rebound damping. Remember to do only one thing at a time.Good luck.

Loosenut 04-22-2008 09:48 AM

Where is the shock harsh? Small trail junk, mid-size whoops, etc......
Do you bottom the shock?

I have had good luck with the following

I find a choppy section of trail on a hill. I adjust the shock full soft on compression and rebound. I ride the section of trail concentrating on the shock. I increase the compression 4 clicks stiffer and ride the hill. I repeat this until I notice the packing effect of the rebound being to slow. I back up 4 clicks and then start adjusting the HS compression. I keep adding 1/4 turn of compression until i notice the shock performance dropping. I back off 1/2 turn. The low speed compression requires big bumps to set properly. I pound through whoops, hit G-outs and such and figure out this setting. It's an easy adjustment on the trail, so I tend to adjust to the trails I'm riding. Big desert whoops require more low speed compression than my local riding areas. Anyway, once your in the ballpark, it fun to make small tweaks and see what happens. I softened my low speed compression on Sunday as the front end was biting too hard in the transition from hard pack to loam.

Hopefully you lean the feel of the adjustments and can make educated guesses as to what to do in the future.

fullthrottle 04-24-2008 11:02 PM

it feels like its a bit harsh in the smaller stuff and in rocks i have just changed oil in my forks so i think thats why the shock is also behaving differently as forks seem a bit firmer. what do you have your rebound set at?? and the forks seem to bounce off rocks more now i have 110mm air gap in forks and i might try 120mm thankyou for ya help

bergerhag 04-25-2008 12:08 AM

Are you running the stock springs?
They are likely to stiff for your weight. Browse through the Suspensions section, there are a lot of threads discussing spring ratios.

fullthrottle 04-26-2008 08:15 AM

stock springs