Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is the 13 worth it? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14907)

Colemanian 05-09-2013 08:48 PM

Is the 13 worth it?

I bought a 2011 ec300 6d several months ago. I recently talked to a dealer who offered me a really good deal on a trade in for a 13 ec300e.

I'm just not sure. I had the forks and the head done on my bike. I'd do that again of course. I think the 48 zokes would be a nice improvement. The estart would be cool if it works. But is the chassis and ergo emprovments noticeable enough to justify the expense?... I know that's an opinion, but I'd like the guys in the know to chime in. Thanks

twowheels 05-09-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colemanian (Post 110817)
I bought a 2011 ec300 6d several months ago. I recently talked to a dealer who offered me a really good deal on a trade in for a 13 ec300e.

I'm just not sure. I had the forks and the head done on my bike. I'd do that again of course. I think the 48 zokes would be a nice improvement. The estart would be cool if it works. But is the chassis and ergo emprovments noticeable enough to justify the expense?... I know that's an opinion, but I'd like the guys in the know to chime in. Thanks

Yes. The forks alone are worth it, the chassis is worth it, the estart is worth it ...

Colemanian 05-09-2013 09:43 PM

Does it count if the dealer says to buy a new bike? I keep flip flopping. Then a little devil tells me to try the beta.

Moto7man 05-09-2013 10:00 PM

Just say no to the Beta Kool-Aid.

nambo-trev 05-09-2013 10:49 PM

I can't wait to drink some beta cool aid:)

fletchman45 05-09-2013 11:02 PM

My god. Cody Webb is on a Beta why do you think it won bike of the year! Do not be fooled by everything you read in a dirtbike magizine! If you can try a Beta ride one. I have very little time on my 12 Gasser. But 15 minutes will tell you the chassis and ergo's are VASTLY superior to the 11 and prior. And I am only 5'7!! If you can get a good deal go for it!!! PS If cody was on a Gas Gas it probably would have gotten bike of the year and quite a few more sales. Not rocket science just marketing.Full riding report soon!

AZRickD 05-09-2013 11:03 PM

As good as the Beta is, it still lacks two things (according to four local new Beta owners I've talked to) the Gasser offers, quicker steering and more stable at speed.

Yes, the e-start is better (than both GG and KTM). The motor is very smooth, but other than that, it performs more KTM-y than the flywheelie Gasser (I prefer the GG).

nambo-trev 05-09-2013 11:08 PM

All I'm saying is that I haven't tried one yet and until I do I won't pass judgement based off of what another says. For my riding ill decide based off of my riding style not off of what a magazine or tv or forums say. I think a lot of people are judging the bike without ever riding it, and if you have rode it and like the gasser better then that's awesome too!

desertgasser300 05-09-2013 11:22 PM

Get what you feel you'd be most happy with?

And it better be a damned GasGas!!!

J/K :D:D:D

Simmo737 05-10-2013 02:24 AM

The 2013 has better suspension (bottoming resistance, performance range, grip)
Better frame (stable and still turns, ergos are easier for moving around, small increase in seat height), everything else is roughly the same as a six days.

If you ride trials like single track, don't get it, if you ride anything else you won't be disappointed.