Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GasGas FB group (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24154)

Jetster220 01-03-2019 01:49 PM

GasGas FB group

Anyone know whats happened the FB group, I just went to post something and I can't find it anywhere all a sudden?

memphis2857 01-03-2019 03:08 PM

GasGas FB group

It is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetster220 01-03-2019 04:32 PM

I see, that kinda sucks, a couple of the dealers in there were very helpful like Matto Cycle and Moto Center.

shawbagga 01-03-2019 05:24 PM

There's an Aussie page but much smaller, only around 350 members.

gasgasman 01-03-2019 09:45 PM

The FB GG group page is on a temporary hiatus.

It simply has grown too large/fast for the moderators to keep track of all the posts.

Regards.
gasgasman

Wimpy525 01-04-2019 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetster220 (Post 187820)
I see, that kinda sucks, a couple of the dealers in there were very helpful like Matto Cycle and Moto Center.

Matto started a new fb page Gas Gas Only. Budd's a good guy to work with, he also stocks a lot of parts.

CDN Rick 01-04-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasgasman (Post 187830)
The FB GG group page is on a temporary hiatus.

It simply has grown too large/fast for the moderators to keep track of all the posts.

Regards.
gasgasman

Why not simply add more moderators and open it back up?
This seems a little overbearing for a facebook group where guys chat about bikes to me.. Lock this for too long and someone is just gonna start and run a whole new group that you guys have no say in at all.

Jakobi 01-04-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDN Rick (Post 187845)
This seems a little overbearing for a facebook group where guys chat about bikes to me.. Lock this for too long and someone is just gonna start and run a whole new group that you guys have no say in at all.

I agree..

I must confess I wasn't part of the group.. I tend to avoid FB groups where I can.. too much spam in general (that goes for all of FB). I'm in a couple Aussie bike ones.

First I heard of the one in question being closed down was by a mate. If you need a hand moderating I'm sure you could get a few decent blokes on board. I'd even put in some time where I can.

Jetster220 01-08-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDN Rick (Post 187845)

This has already happened, so there's pretty much zero point for them to worry about reopening it now. Closing it was a really dumb idea honestly.

CDN Rick 01-08-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetster220 (Post 187890)
This has already happened, so there's pretty much zero point for them to worry about reopening it now. Closing it was a really dumb idea honestly.

Yup. I joined the new one.
Looks like most people are moving there pretty quick..