Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Guys, what do you think? Possible 1999 EC or XC 250 Purchase. Pics attached. (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23831)

flatout111 08-29-2018 11:06 AM

Guys, what do you think? Possible 1999 EC or XC 250 Purchase. Pics attached.

5 Attachment(s)
Looking an inexpensive enduro to take down some nasty trails and climbs/descents. I'm worried if this is tuned to be a true enduro or is more wide open cross country. Hard to tell if it's an EC or XC. You can see in pics.

I would appreciate input from you guys if you think it is worth getting.

Pros (as told to me, haven't seen it yet. 1 hr away)

Starts first or second kick

Runs great

Says is really clean esp for year. Says cleaner than most 5 year old bikes

Comes with an extra black seat, steering stabilzer, rear fender with tailight (not a stock fender though) and two repaired shrouds with graphics

Cons

Would prefer a 300 as I do slower technical riding. Worried if it will lug though he says it's good slow

No kickstand, just bracket

No headlight. Says lighting coil is there but not sure works

No handguards (easily fixed)

I can get it with the extra parts for $700.

Thoughts? Pics attached including VIN which looks like it's XC but stamp says EC. Help on that would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

flatout111 08-29-2018 11:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics.

jostby 08-29-2018 12:27 PM

My '00 XC250 is stamped just like yours (XC on the tag, EC on the case). Yours has the YK3 ignition which has a larger flywheel (better trail attitude) than the 2K2 and the 2K3 lighting coil puts out more watts (65 if I remember correct). The '99 might actually have the counter balancer, noticeable if you remove the ignition side cover. That would be a great bike. Those forks are supposed to be real smooth also.

hadfield4wd 08-29-2018 12:49 PM

I love my '99. It lugs down low better than most 250's. I can't tell exactly but I'm 99% sure are not the marzoochi forks, but the much coveted 50mm WP Extreme's. That's what I have on mine. I love them. They rode like butter. Only problem is they are a bit on the heavy side partially do to.being so large each leg takes almost a quart of fluid.

$700 is a great price.

The only thing you can't get for that bike is radiator shrouds.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

flatout111 08-29-2018 12:57 PM

Thank you for your input, fellas. Keep them coming. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it but the more input the better.

Does anyone have a headlight or kickstand attachment or one of those bolt on kick stands? Not only do I need a light I prefer the look of one with a headlight.

I'm no expert but how does it look to you guys as far as being clean and in good shape. Again, I'm not really mechanical and kinda hard to tell to me.

Elvis74 08-29-2018 02:13 PM

Guys, what do you think? Possible 1999 EC or XC 250 Purchase. Pics attached.

For 700$ I would buy it immediately.
It is a great bike, even when it’s old.
I’m not sure if gasgas had different Motor numbers for the XC and EC models.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Zman 08-29-2018 07:43 PM

That bike has the metal ignition cover that may have the high output lighting coil that works with the extra bolt on magnetic flywheel. The main difference from EC to XC is the ignition. Jump on it ASAP!

flatout111 08-29-2018 09:14 PM

I'm going to get it this weekend. Thanks guys!

flatout111 08-29-2018 09:26 PM

Does anyone have a good headlight that will work with it or a kickstand assembly? Also looking some handguards and would love one of the GG seats with graphics on it. That's not necessities, though.

Zman 08-31-2018 07:19 AM

Keep an eye on ebay for the kickstand. The trials kickstands do not work on the enduro bikes.

Here is a headlight that will work
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Gas-Ga...IAAOSw4aZbKpm-