GasGas Riders Club Forum

GasGas Riders Club Forum (
-   Injury & Recovery (
-   -   Special nut for knee braces? (

Mikeyx 04-25-2018 05:17 AM

Special nut for knee braces?

Managed to strip the threads of this special nut, which is called "M3 Nut C(5mm)" in the refurbishment set:

Anyone knows where to find such a nut or even what is a correct term for the nut so that I can google around?

Have tried "M3 threaded insert" but to no avail. On the other hand, an M3 rivet nut might do the trick...

webmaster 04-25-2018 01:00 PM

Have you thought of using a heli-coil?

Or drill and tap to larger size thread (if possible).


Mikeyx 04-25-2018 01:06 PM

Yeah, probably I'll have to resort to makeshift solutions. I'm a hopeless cheapskate and hate to spend 50 EUR instead of 0.5 EUR :mad:

In addition to those you mentioned, using a plastic/alu rivet might work. I need to familiarize myself with the ligament system; is there any pivot involved and does the ligament rotate about it...

hadfield4wd 04-25-2018 04:54 PM

Go to Fastenall. They have all kinds of fasteners. Thats where I would go.

gots_a_sol 04-25-2018 08:49 PM

Pretty sure that type of fastener is called a Chicago screw

Mikeyx 04-26-2018 03:05 AM


Originally Posted by gots_a_sol (Post 182760)
Pretty sure that type of fastener is called a Chicago screw


"chicago screw countersunk" seems to be the correct phrasing for googling. "Barrel nut" or "sleeve nut" just for the nut give good results as well.

They also call it "a sex bolt":cool:

dANbOT 04-26-2018 10:36 AM

I you or any of your friends have old chest protectors laying around, they usually have a few of these that can be robbed.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 -