Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anybody heard from Boomhauer?? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3281)

Berkyboy 09-14-2008 12:33 PM

Anybody heard from Boomhauer??

Hope all is fine in Houston with Robbie and his family. Sounds like it could be awhile before power is restored.

Berkyboy 09-14-2008 03:54 PM

Boomhauer 1, Ike 0

Just recieved this e-mail from Robby

All,

Thanks for the thoughts! This was my first hurricane and let me tell you it was no fun! I have been in a tornado before and it only lasts a few minutes. The hurricane lasted about 4 or more hours with wind gusts reaching 105 MPH. I was without power from yesterday around 10:00 AM until today around 12:00 PM.

I am lucky as some people like Girard have been without power since Friday evening. Lucky for me I have a generator that I use when I go fishing so I was able to keep my refrigerator on and a fan blowing on me & the dog's to keep us somewhat cool.

I had the chance to take a drive around my neighborhood yesterday and the damage that IKE did is almost more than the human mind can understand. Like I said I felt very luck as my house did not suffer any damage. The house next to me had the shingles on their roof completely blown off.

My wife was in North Carolina visiting her grandmother so she was safe & sound.

Please if you are ever in this type of situation prepare before it happens. So many people thought this was just going to be a "Near Hit" when in reality we got hit hard. I am now counting my blessings!

Thanks,
Robby

Boomhauer 09-14-2008 07:38 PM

All is okay on here at my end of Houston. I did find some water damage around my back door though. It could have been worse! Since the "Eye" of the storm did not make it over my house I got no break from the wind & rain. I have never heard such an erie sound like this before.

Girard is still without power and he & his wife are living in their R.V. until power is restored. Center Point energy is saying it could up too atleast a month to get everybody back with power.

I left the house to go get some groceries and it was just plain crazy! Folks were lined up at the grocerey stores & gas stations. There was no water or soda's to be had at any of the stores I visited today. The Kroger grocery store here by my house would only let 25 people in at a time to get supplies. It is pretty much this way all around Houston. My heart goes out to the people that live South of Houston. Since they are in the low lying areas they were flooded out and some are not even allowed to return to their homes for awhile.

Robby

GMP 09-14-2008 07:49 PM

Robby,

Glad your OK. Wish Girard the best of luck in getting things back to normal. Does he need a generator? Maybe someone out of the affected area, but not too far, could ship one to him.

Boomhauer 09-15-2008 07:58 AM

Glen he has a generator on his R.V. so he does not need one. If he does I have mine that he can borrow.

Thanks,
Robby

WoodsRider 09-15-2008 10:09 AM

Glad to hear you and Girard made it out unscathed. Hope everyone else in TRH was just as lucky too. My wife's family is all okay. They stayed at my sister-in-laws place up in Spring. Not sure if they have power yet or not, but there's almost no food left in the stores and the gas stations are out of fuel. My brother-in-law has yet to find out the status of his beach house on Galveston Island.

Boomhauer 09-15-2008 11:00 AM

I have an employee that lives in Spring and they are still without power. Luckily we had a cool front blow in so the weather is now dry & cool. This should help those without power. I heard that Water is being restored as I type thru much of the Houston area.

I work for Coke and we are here today trying to produce Dasani water to aid those without.

Galveston looks to be a big disaster. The Flagship Hotel is over the water. The wife and I stayed there a few years back and now that the drive way was washed out into the Gulf you can't even get to it. Hooters which was right next door to the hotel is completely gone.

This is going to be a hard time for the Houstonians.

WoodsRider 09-15-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 20668)
I work for Coke and we are here today trying to produce Dasani water to aid those without.

You don't happen to work with Chuck Journey do you?

TooFastTim 09-15-2008 03:50 PM

Pleased to hear you guys are (more-or-less) intact.

Metalefty 09-15-2008 08:34 PM

Yeah, glad your OK.