Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Pictures & Videos (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2007 EC 250 first ride (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23079)

Motorman_55792 11-08-2017 08:36 PM

2007 EC 250 first ride

I picked up my first GasGas the day before and this is my first ride on it on the Paul Bunyan Forest trails. This is the East Loop near Akeley, MN. :D
Front tire is badly worn and I don't completely trust the Kenda Equilibrium rear tire yet. I set the rear sag, but didn't bother to check the shock clickers. Turns out the rebound was screwed in tight. No wonder it was harsh! :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH4t3IajvOc

MNKeith 11-30-2017 03:32 PM

Welcome fellow MN Gasser! Love those trails.

Do you do any of the D23 races?

thumperflipper 11-30-2017 09:12 PM

THAT is one primo looking 2007. My 2007 300 is a frankenbike in comparison :D but still the best bike I've ever owned

Motorman_55792 11-30-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNKeith (Post 180254)
Welcome fellow MN Gasser! Love those trails.

Do you do any of the D23 races?

I have never raced, but have decided this is the year! I will race the Akeley Enduro and see how it goes. Haven't decided if I will ride the GasGas or my '13 Husqvarna TXC310.

Are you a racer?

Motorman_55792 11-30-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumperflipper (Post 180262)
THAT is one primo looking 2007. My 2007 300 is a frankenbike in comparison :D but still the best bike I've ever owned

Thanks! It was incredibly cheap and seems pretty well sorted except a few glaring problems. The rebound was cranked all the way tight on the shock which I have since adjusted and the prior owner had way, way over tightened the front axle pinch bolts and also pushed the forks all the way in creating a lot of binding and making 3 of the 4 pinch bolts shear off. I sorted the front end before my first ride.
I am very impressed with it so far and hope to have it dialed in for the spring riding!

Zman 12-01-2017 02:07 AM

Congrats and welcome to the family!

(F5) 12-01-2017 11:28 AM

Read the jetting threads. Stock needle is tragic. Nobody knows why. Perhaps they accidentally ordered a million and slowly working through them.

Motorman_55792 12-01-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (F5) (Post 180271)
Read the jetting threads. Stock needle is tragic. Nobody knows why. Perhaps they accidentally ordered a million and slowly working through them.

I have read thru many of them. As clean as mine ran I would guess someone already has sorted the engine side of things, but I will check the jetting and needle and also do a squish test to see if I want to cut the head.

Jim Cook 12-09-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorman_55792 (Post 179836)
I picked up my first GasGas the day before and this is my first ride on it on the Paul Bunyan Forest trails. This is the East Loop near Akeley, MN. :D
Front tire is badly worn and I don't completely trust the Kenda Equilibrium rear tire yet. I set the rear sag, but didn't bother to check the shock clickers. Turns out the rebound was screwed in tight. No wonder it was harsh! :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH4t3IajvOc

Welcome to the forum!

Good video. I've heard a lot about Akeley riding from my friends in the Golden Eagles club who come down to my area for the annual Wudi Rides (started when I challenged one of the club members to quit whining about the snow and come down South to ride with me :D ), but this is the first I've seen of the trails there. It looks like fun, and it looks like you're getting along with the bike very well.
I hope you enjoy your Gas Gas. I love mine.

Matt Stavish, at Checkpoint Off-Road, will be a very good semi-local resource for you. Matt is a former Factory Gas Gas off-road for the US National Gas Gas Team.
His dad, Bill, makes some very good and good priced bits for GasGas bikes.

Good Riding to You!
Jim

Motorman_55792 12-10-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cook (Post 180401)
Welcome to the forum!

Good video. I've heard a lot about Akeley riding from my friends in the Golden Eagles club who come down to my area for the annual Wudi Rides (started when I challenged one of the club members to quit whining about the snow and come down South to ride with me :D ), but this is the first I've seen of the trails there. It looks like fun, and it looks like you're getting along with the bike very well.
I hope you enjoy your Gas Gas. I love mine.

Matt Stavish, at Checkpoint Off-Road, will be a very good semi-local resource for you. Matt is a former Factory Gas Gas off-road for the US National Gas Gas Team.
His dad, Bill, makes some very good and good priced bits for GasGas bikes.

Good Riding to You!
Jim

Thanks for the lead! I really liked the way the GasGas worked for the most part. This is my first modern 2 stroke.