Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   EC 300 2012 idle revs remain high (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24190)

exman 01-19-2019 06:27 AM

EC 300 2012 idle revs remain high

When started, it keeps rpms higher than normal for idle. Than I put it in gear, and release the clutch slowly with the brake on. Rpms drop to normal and stays low (I switch to neutral). Than I open the throttle for a sec and idle remains high again. The mixture screw is one turn out. I don't know what is inside the Keihin, I bought the bike a month ago and haven't had a chance to test it due to bad weather until now. Made few circles only on a field nearby and it pulls well, but whenever switched to neutral and rewed for a sec, revs stays high.

john r b 01-19-2019 07:55 AM

jetting

I suggest pulling the carb off, cleaning it and noting the jetting and float height
general location and elevation may help also. Take a peek at the reeds while there.

Neil E. 01-19-2019 11:48 AM

Check your throttle cable routing carefully. Wiggle the cable at full lock (both ways) and make sure it is free to move around. Does the throttle turn easily?If not, remove both ends and inspect for a broken cable strand.

Your jetting could be lean. As suggested find out what's in there. Another possibility is an air leak somewhere.

exman 01-21-2019 12:40 PM

EC 300 2012 idle revs remain high

Have taken carb off: it is clean but bowl gasket is broken and I'm waiting for a replacement. Float level is ok, pilot #45, main #170, needle is NOZI (never heard) 3rd noch and throttle valve #6. Any suggestion for the altitude around 1000 feet?

Chesh 02-10-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exman (Post 188116)
When started, it keeps rpms higher than normal for idle. Than I put it in gear, and release the clutch slowly with the brake on. Rpms drop to normal and stays low (I switch to neutral). Than I open the throttle for a sec and idle remains high again. The mixture screw is one turn out. I don't know what is inside the Keihin, I bought the bike a month ago and haven't had a chance to test it due to bad weather until now. Made few circles only on a field nearby and it pulls well, but whenever switched to neutral and rewed for a sec, revs stays high.

Clean pilot jet

Zman 02-10-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil E. (Post 188118)
Check your throttle cable routing carefully. Wiggle the cable at full lock (both ways) and make sure it is free to move around. Does the throttle turn easily?If not, remove both ends and inspect for a broken cable strand.

Your jetting could be lean. As suggested find out what's in there. Another possibility is an air leak somewhere.

Double check and see if the rpms raise as you turn the bars lock to lock. Cable routing can cause this issues and so can handle bar risers.