Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Electrical & Wiring (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Eectric starter 2018?s.. (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23392)

GasgasGP 03-18-2018 03:14 AM

Eectric starter 2018?s..

Has there come any service bulletins from Gasgas of the electric starter of 2018 models?
I have a GP 2018 as my dealer says the cdi box and flywheel has been changed from the factory (build in december) but still have problems with the starter?

I have pulled an extra grounding cable between the start and the battery but alike, but only starts a little while it wants.
So annoying that im not can trust at the starter.

Any ideas?

Gasser Nate 03-18-2018 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasgasGP (Post 181939)
Has there come any service bulletins from Gasgas of the electric starter of 2018 models?
I have a GP 2018 as my dealer says the cdi box and flywheel has been changed from the factory (build in december) but still have problems with the starter?

I have pulled an extra grounding cable between the start and the battery but alike, but only starts a little while it wants.
So annoying that im not can trust at the starter.

Any ideas?

Mine was solved with a good proper charge of the battery, the lithiums even when low will spin the bike up ok, but not start. I also wet modded and upgraded the lead and it doesn?t even think about spinning now it has already started!

Cox76y 03-18-2018 07:41 AM

Mine is the same with the battery charge. Normal 12.3volts was fine to spin the starter but wouldn't start the engine. Charged the battery on my lithium charger which I think from memory stops charging at 14.8v. Now the bike starts everytime. Have to be very careful with charging the lithium batteries though as they don't like being over charged.. I also ran a thicker earth wire.
Regards
Josh

GasgasGP 03-18-2018 12:42 PM

Ok. No its the same for me with charged battery, even tried battery from car and its the same. It will "klick" like its not enough whit power...

Its never start on the first push of the startbutton but after that it will start do and then and when it works its never i sign of low power, im wondering if the problem can be in the start button?!

Im think if the problem was the battery it will be the same every time but it doesn't..

ssaulnier 03-19-2018 04:38 PM

I have not looked at a schematic wiring diagram but if there is a starter relay, it could be defective. A bad relay can make clicking sounds but if the contacts are not mating properly not enough voltage gets to the starter motor because too much voltage is lost on the bad contacts.

memphis2857 03-20-2018 03:08 PM

Try to jump across the starter solenoid and see what it does. I had all sorts of starting issues with my 2018 even after all the ground straps and stuff were done. Put a 210cca Shorai battery in it and never once has it failed to start with the button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markwoodlief 03-21-2018 07:55 AM

Contact your dealer first and foremost. I know that's not what you want to hear, but i have EXTENSIVE experience with this issue. On an 18 300 EC and an 18 300 GP.

GasgasGP 03-31-2018 09:53 AM

Now when my dealer get me a new wiring between battery / Starter and a more powerfull battery and update cdi-box the bike work great!:)

markwoodlief 03-31-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasgasGP (Post 182196)
Now when my dealer get me a new wiring between battery / Starter and a more powerfull battery and update cdi-box the bike work great!:)

yup.. my gp300 starts perfect now.. even after sitting for a few days.

Woody462 03-31-2018 02:35 PM

Starter 2018

Definatly a ground issue on these starters ...ive had to add the earth wire to the battery and that has got it starting stronger than when mine was new.Febuary 2018 bike