Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Chassis & Body (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Mitas tires any good? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12986)

forgiven 08-05-2012 06:17 PM

Mitas tires any good?

Are they better than say Michelin S12s?

GMP 08-05-2012 09:11 PM

I like them and there is a full range just like all brands. The ET-01 trials is IMO the best trials tire for a woods bike. The S12 equivalent is the C10 rear, if I remember. Its at least as good, last S12s I've had were not impressive. Mitas is in the process of rebuilding their US distribution.

swazi_matt 08-05-2012 11:43 PM

They are now my tire of choice, c18 is good for tubliss with a reinforced sidewall, and I find it grips better and lasts longer than bridgestone gritty

They have also just brought out an extreme events tire that was a sellout at romaniacs, doesn't last long but sticks like you-know-what!!

Elvis74 08-06-2012 12:45 AM

a few years ago here on Germany the Mitas tires where a good alternative to the brands like Michelin, because they are good tires for less money. But now I can buy Michelin tires cheaper than Mitas which makes them not interesting any more for me. compared I would spend my money for good quality like Michelin, Dunlop, Pirelli or Bridgestone.

swazi_matt 08-06-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis74 (Post 92191)
a few years ago here on Germany the Mitas tires where a good alternative to the brands like Michelin, because they are good tires for less money. But now I can buy Michelin tires cheaper than Mitas which makes them not interesting any more for me. compared I would spend my money for good quality like Michelin, Dunlop, Pirelli or Bridgestone.

they have become more expencive, but a few of those brands you mention are also made in a Mitas factory!

Diggs345 08-06-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 92178)
I like them and there is a full range just like all brands. The ET-01 trials is IMO the best trials tire for a woods bike. The S12 equivalent is the C10 rear, if I remember. Its at least as good, last S12s I've had were not impressive. Mitas is in the process of rebuilding their US distribution.

i asked again last week for you glen and here is the reply i got

Hi Chris... basically yes . We have a new partner. We currently working at the first order which will be made hopefuly soon.After the order is placed we will talk about work with the press and the general marketing.

Elvis74 08-06-2012 06:09 AM

you are right, but the difference is in the tire and not in the factory wehre it's produced.
But one Mitas tire I would buy again, it is the FIM Enduro tire EF05. I use them because it is one of the only brand having 19" FIM tires and in my opinon are these tires better than Michelin and Metzeler!

nick H 05-07-2013 12:08 PM

Has anyone tried the c-11 front or the c-06 rear I just picked up the set for a good price and I was debating trying them verses selling them. And if anyone has tried them what would you compare them to? The front looks like a Dunlop 752 thanks for any and all help

nambo-trev 05-07-2013 12:34 PM

In my opinion the ten masters is the best rear wheel you can buy. The front is junk(for me anyway) I like scorpion ms in front. I order 4 of these every year and all my buddies ride them as well in the rear.

nick H 05-07-2013 12:39 PM

I have the scorpion set now and I am not thrilled about the front but not let down either. If I can't find any info on these tires ill run them and see what's what but for 50 bucks for the pair I really can't complain much