Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Footpegs: Fastway or Pivot Pegs? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2780)

SpeedyManiac 05-25-2008 10:47 PM

Footpegs: Fastway or Pivot Pegs?

Hi guys,
My stock footpegs are pretty much trashed (I've been riding some gnarly rocky trails lately) so I'm looking for some replacements. I've heard good things about the Pivot Pegs, but I'm worried about their strength/durability. Does anyone have experience with the Pivot Pegs and riding in the rocks. What about the Fastways?

Rickster 05-26-2008 12:02 AM

Not sure but I have the "Rockstopers" on my 06 and find them excelent......

snoogans 05-26-2008 03:02 AM

Its lifetime warranty on the Pivot Pegz MK2! The durability shouldnt be a problem! Im really pleased with them, broke my right MK1(after at least 2 years of riding) and got the right one for free and paid almost nothing for the left one and they upgraded me to the new model(MK2).

Boomhauer 05-26-2008 06:38 AM

Speedy,

Get the pivot pegz you will not be sorry! gasgasman & myself have them and I will not go back to a regular peg ever again. They take a while to get use to but the control and the feel you get is just plain worth it.

Eric K 05-26-2008 08:20 AM

I have not used the Pivot Pegs.

The Fastway Pegs are great. They are amazingly tough. They are super comfortable. However, they did not fold up far enough on my '06 EC300 so they stayed on my '01 XC300.

REVERUP 05-26-2008 09:25 AM

Try the pivot pegz before you buy. I did not feel comfortable with the movement. But alot of people swear by them. I thought I would get some cause they are supposed to help boot sole wear.

Fast ways are good and strong and are a nice flat platform that are adjustable. Can get slick with clay style mud build up.

I run the IMS Pro series stainless pegs and have since 2004. Very, very tough with a wide platform. They come offset to free up some room for the controls. The biggest draw back to these are Stand up riders boot soles will be chewed up in a few long hard rides or races because of their sharp bear trap style peg surface, the softer the boot soles the worse they will eat em up. But the positive to that is you never slip a peg when they are all gorped up with crud.

Good luck,
Roscoe

SpeedyManiac 05-26-2008 09:31 AM

I never have slipping issues with the stock pegs, so I'm not too worried about having a super aggressive peg (like the IMS) since I'd rather have my boot soles last. Does anyone in the Pacific Northwest run Pivot Pegs?

REVERUP 05-26-2008 10:05 AM

My buddies KTM 300 does, he really likes them. I'm sure he would let you try them out when you come down for the ISDE, but that may be to late.

widebear 05-26-2008 10:48 AM

Check out Sunlines arched pegs, their convex in shape but do not move

LAWMAN 05-26-2008 01:50 PM

I like the Fastways /bc you can mount them lower, that few mm really makes a diff, but I've never tried the others.