Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Other... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trials Boots (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18206)

iajim 09-19-2014 10:46 PM

Trials Boots

Perhaps this has been covered before. Has anyone used Trials boots instead of conventional MX boots? My old Alpinestars will need to be replaced soon, I would like to get something that provides more traction when pushing/ walking. I just don't want something with an aggressive lug sole that tries to "grab" every clump of dirt. Has anyone modified a sole to get more foot traction and maintain the boot's ability to "skim over" the dirt, sticks, rocks, etc? Thanks, Jim.

paulos 09-20-2014 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iajim (Post 140854)
Perhaps this has been covered before. Has anyone used Trials boots instead of conventional MX boots? My old Alpinestars will need to be replaced soon, I would like to get something that provides more traction when pushing/ walking. I just don't want something with an aggressive lug sole that tries to "grab" every clump of dirt. Has anyone modified a sole to get more foot traction and maintain the boot's ability to "skim over" the dirt, sticks, rocks, etc? Thanks, Jim.

I don't know about other brands but my Sidi Crossfires have soles designed with the grip pads angled backwards so they slide when you put your foot down while riding but grip when you need to get off and push

barossi73 09-20-2014 07:10 AM

Forma adventure,maybe too grippy sole,very comfortable,very waterproof,a little less armour but more flexible,brown or black.they scuff a bit.real handy when pushin in slippy places.did i mention very comfortable?weirdly they have a gear lever pad on both boots,fine if u have a vintage brit bike i guess.

swazi_matt 09-20-2014 01:19 PM

The Sidis also have an optional replacement sole that is more grippy. The boots graham Jarvis used to use (w2??) were quite trialsy

scratch250 09-22-2014 11:33 AM

I use the Sidi discovery boots. Very comfortable and h2o proof. Good for walking around even.

Leo 09-22-2014 04:25 PM

Trials boots are 10 times more confortable than any MX/Enduro because they allow you move the ankle. So, you can walk, use rear brake and move like usual.
The sole is made with same rubber that they made the tyres. Veeery grippy.

The problem is the (ankle) protection....

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-o...24690760_n.jpg

scratch250 10-01-2014 05:53 PM

My next try will be the Gearne balance oiled. Not sure why everyone is so intent on motocross boots for trail rippin. Unless racing or really hard core. Myself would rather break my lower leg than a knee or femur.

bowhunter007 10-01-2014 06:52 PM

I've caught hell a few times, getting ready for a day of minimal riding, with lots of trail maintenance. I wear steel-toed, well oiled leather work boots. After an hour of clomping around in mx boots, most everyone wishes they had reconsidered their choices in all-around work wear. On days that I just go for a sight seeing lollygag ride...shin guards under some Carhart's, chest protector over my jacket, and of course my leather boots. Sometimes comfortable wins the day...so far no spills to to change my mind.

Dirt Dud 10-01-2014 08:11 PM

I wear my trials boots to do trail work trials ride but not on endure riding I just do NOT trust myself that much ! But my Guerne leather boots are very easy to walk n play in for sure .

bergerhag 10-02-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scratch250 (Post 141463)
My next try will be the Gearne balance oiled. Not sure why everyone is so intent on motocross boots for trail rippin. Unless racing or really hard core. Myself would rather break my lower leg than a knee or femur.

The Gaerne Balance Oiled are comfy like a pair of bedside slippers. I used them in my trials "carreer". Properly maintained they are waterproof up to a feet of water. They have a very grippy natural rubber sole.

I would not use them for enduro racing.