Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Wrist pin snap rings (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2476)

steve 04-01-2008 03:21 PM

Wrist pin snap rings

I searched previous threads but I saw nothing,I'm doing my top end with a Vertex kit.Is there a good method of putting in those RUGGED snap rings???? I tried but I scratched the piston near the clip groove ! And will that hurt anything else? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Treesmacker 04-01-2008 06:48 PM

They are the hardest circlips I have ever used! It was a pain getting them in.
I was told you could use clips for a CR250.

GMP 04-01-2008 08:39 PM

The C clipper.

www.buxtools.com

I have one, will use it soon and report.

blitz11 04-02-2008 09:03 AM

Glenn,
How do you find all of this stuff? This think looks really cool, and will buy one if you provide a favorable report.

Thanks. That might be a great find.

blitz

steve 04-02-2008 05:19 PM

trim

I cut about 3 mm off each clip,ground off the rough burrs,they went in hard but were managable.Wich tells me I did not compromise strength just a little clip length. Oh yea,I made sure they did'nt fall short off the groove to get them out.I'll give feed back if they dislodge,wich I dought.

GMP 04-02-2008 07:09 PM

I don't like that idea, hope you have enough tension.

blitz,

I heard about it some time ago. Since I'm doing the top end soon I did a search and it popped up. End of the month I'm pulling mine down and will shoot pics and review.

steve 04-03-2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 15431)
I don't like that idea, hope you have enough tension.

blitz,

I heard about it some time ago. Since I'm doing the top end soon I did a search and it popped up. End of the month I'm pulling mine down and will shoot pics and review.

I hope to, but I did a test run with the old clip to get a feel and it's still 3x stronger! I juet toched the very tips with a file so it slide arond the slot easier. I 'll update in a few months or if it blows up! Steve

eff 04-06-2008 01:53 PM

Honestly, after just putting one in last night...it's all in the wrist. No pun intended. I put one end in and then grip the other side with needle nose pliars. With pressure and a slight twist the wrist pin pops right in. I try to line the tip of the needle nose pliers with the notch on the piston.

Works like magic when you get the right motion.

spdfrek 04-07-2008 04:02 PM

I agree, you can monkey around with them all night, but I've done three vertex pistons and the last time around I did them a lot easier then the first time, just takes some getting used to. The are much much stiffer then stock, if stock doesn't fall out I don't see how these could.

LAWMAN 04-08-2008 08:19 AM

the scratches won't really hurt anything. if you want you can smooth them out some w/steel wool.