Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2013 ec300 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14354)

Biff 02-26-2013 01:29 PM

2013 ec300

Think I sold my 2010

2013 EC300 on its way (leccy start). Rekluse being swapped over as are pivot pegz.

Any prep info welcome, How long till I change needle after initial break in?

Ta

Biff

twowheels 02-26-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biff (Post 105359)
Think I sold my 2010

2013 EC300 on its way (leccy start). Rekluse being swapped over as are pivot pegz.

Ta

Biff

Congrats on the new bike. I'd say 13.7 seconds for the needle swap ;)

Biff 02-26-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 105362)

So should I Get the dealer to swap it out @ PDI ?

Jakobi 02-26-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 105362)

Being generous :)

To the OP. Stock needle isn't very good. In saying that doesn't really matter what the shop sends it with, you'll need to make some changes to get the most of the bike for you. Happy reading!

jaysktms 02-26-2013 06:36 PM

Didn't even start up the bike with the stock needle. Went with Jakobi information and had the new needle waiting for the bike to get here.

nato 02-26-2013 07:31 PM

We need pics mate or it doesn't exist!

twowheels 02-26-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biff (Post 105359)
Think I sold my 2010

Ta

Biff

Biff, you didn't tell us where you live, or more importantly the altitude you ride at. Moreover, you've got to tell us whether you like your bikes spicy or real smooooth. Given those two pieces of information Jake (or one of his students) can likely get you dialed in straight away.

Whatever you do with the jetting, make sure you add an in-line fuel filter, and it likely wouldn't hurt to check float level as well.

Jakobi 02-27-2013 12:42 AM

Ooo. I have students now! :p ..my interest is moving on from jetting towards suspension and no doubt I am the student in serious need of schooling!

Like Steve said

1) Inline fuel filter = very cheap and good idea
2) Establish which model carb you have, and then set the float level so fuel is approx 2mm lower than recommended/stock (see sticky section)
3) Depending on carb model, altitude, riding style, etc people will make recommendations.
4) The more information you provide the more detailed and helpful responses you'll get.
5) Hammer the search engine and jetting section. Much info has been covered before.

1,2,3 and 4 are the important ones. The bike will run with the stock jetting but will be burbly and torquey off the bottom, fall flat in the mid, and then hit again in the top, while using a load of fuel. There are much better alternatives. Yamaha, Suzuki, and JD needles are all popular and all give different engine characteristics. You just need to work out which one is for you and your bike.