Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Off Road Racer's Corner (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   GG riders 2/2 podium finishes at 40th Annual Golden Eagle Enduro (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17664)

Fred1956 06-23-2014 09:36 AM

GG riders 2/2 podium finishes at 40th Annual Golden Eagle Enduro

The 40th Annual Golden Eagle Enduro held at Stillwater Motorcycle Park only had 2 GasGas riders but they maximized potential by putting both bikes on the podium. It was a very hot & humid day on a great course laid out by Stillwater Trailriders Association and both riders were in the (upper) age classes of the timekeeper event. That smooth GG power made it easy to stay on pace with no steam like some of the bikes had...

Fred Overstreet (me:D) garnered a 2nd Place in the C Super Masters 50+ with 23 points &
Tom Costello had a 3rd place in the C Masters 40+ class with 33 points

Fred's 2nd place finish tightened the points race in the C Super Masters class of the BlackJack Enduro Circuit and with one race to go only 3 points separating 1st from 3rd with all 3 riders still in the hunt

Tom (2004ec200 on this board) is new to the GasGas family after deciding to return to off road riding and his search for a GasGas led him from SW Missouri to Hall's Cycles where he became the proud owner of a very nice 2004? GG EC200. Tom. welcome to the GasGas family and congratulations on your podium!

phoenix 06-23-2014 12:14 PM

Nice job guys!!

AZRickD 06-23-2014 02:09 PM

Mere coincidence? I don't think so.

bowhunter007 06-23-2014 05:43 PM

Thanks for the report...Congratulations to everyone!

Fred1956 06-23-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix (Post 136495)
Nice job guys!!

Where in the world were you? :) That's practically your backyard, could've made it 3 for 3

gasgasman 06-23-2014 08:04 PM

Awesome job Fred.

Enjoy riding the "B" Class next year.:D

phoenix 06-23-2014 09:04 PM

I really wanted to come to this one...I'd consider it my home track. I've never done an enduro before and am very interested in trying. Alas, this weekend was Rd 8 for OCCRA and I am in the running for Ironman. Can't miss a round!

I did get second in Womens Amateur in the OCCRA/TORN combo race, though. I had to do it on my husband's Husaberg, though, because I had a rear flat on the way to the line! Probably would have taken first if I'd been on my Gasser. :)

bkwdc 06-23-2014 09:25 PM

Way to go guys. Nice job.

Fred1956 06-24-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix (Post 136514)
I really wanted to come to this one...I'd consider it my home track. I've never done an enduro before and am very interested in trying. Alas, this weekend was Rd 8 for OCCRA and I am in the running for Ironman. Can't miss a round!

I did get second in Womens Amateur in the OCCRA/TORN combo race, though. I had to do it on my husband's Husaberg, though, because I had a rear flat on the way to the line! Probably would have taken first if I'd been on my Gasser. :)

Alright, since you got a podium we'll let you slide :D:)

2004ec200 06-24-2014 09:05 AM

Fred,

Stillwater was a lot of fun. HOT but fun. I can say the bike was flawless and deserves a podium where as my riding was flawed and not deserving. I was happy not to crash all day. Still have sore muscles. My computer died and would not turn on at the start so I figured no problem I'll use my watch, cheat sheet and noggin. Welp, the watch said 12 noon all day. I was riding blind and by end of race tired. All in all it felt good to back in the saddle. I'll get to exercising so to be in better shape for the OK city race. I love this GG, Best enduro bike I've had.

btw: I'll be riding your class at OK city :D

Cheers,

Tom