Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   GasGas Member Polls (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Do you compete or just ride recreationally? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6743)

REVERUP 01-30-2010 08:53 AM

Do you compete or just ride recreationally?

Fun poll to learn a bit about Gas Gas Rider's club members.

cbutler 01-30-2010 09:21 AM

For me I just ride. I average 2500 to 3000 miles a year of single track. I am fortunate to have the best riding god gave us twenty minuets from the house.

There just seams to be to much time,money and stress involved in racing.

But I do keep up with a lot of A riders.

I will bet most on this board race though.

stainlesscycle 01-30-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbutler (Post 39222)
I am fortunate to have the best riding god gave us twenty minuets from the house.

five seconds from my house (backyard...) there's a lot of acreage there...
http://www.stainlesscycle.com/images/backyard.jpg
l

plus there's an old gncc course 10 minutes away by trails..(hard rock/bunner's ridge)

anyways, this year i'm gonna run 1 series of harescrambles all the way through, plus fill the gaps with 2 other series... there's no enduros (that i know of) within a 2 hour radius of me, so i might run 1 or 2 if they don't overlap, and are reasonably close (3 hours away or less)

REVERUP 02-03-2010 06:44 PM

I have riding about 30 min from my house also but it is under snow Nov - April

Everything else is a trek, like 50 miles or more. But there is some pretty sweet high mountain stuff to sample around here after July, definitely worth the drive getting there. :)

Roscoe

noobi 02-03-2010 07:13 PM

there are 3 bike parks, and half a dozen mx tracks within a 2 hour drive of my house, plus another 3 forests that are used for trail rides and races like 2man races, xc, and enduros etc.
this year i am hoping to do the National Enduro series, the maramarua 2man xc series, the woodhil 2man xc series, the Honda 6hour xc, another 6 hour xc, possibly a few 100mile xc races. and as many trail and casual rides in between these events as possible. i usually ride once a week
i started riding 3 years ago on a xr 100, then moved to a crf150, then my current gasgas ec125, hoping to upgrade to a ec200 soon.
this will be my first season/year of competitive riding, except 3 rounds of a sand based xc series last year.

:)

Dale

jhendr3702 02-04-2010 06:22 AM

trail ride only... live on a 2.5 acre lot that i am working on a practice course on, but have not gotten to far yet.
I used to ride enduros, but had a pretty bad crash in 95 and got a c1-c2 fracture (neck)... (and i had just got to where i could stay on time too...)
Just happy I can still ride.

main riding area is about 30 min from my house. My fav area is about an hour.

GasTimppa 02-04-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVERUP (Post 39469)
I have riding about 30 min from my house also but it is under snow Nov - April

Everything else is a trek, like 50 miles or more. But there is some pretty sweet high mountain stuff to sample around here after July, definitely worth the drive getting there. :)

Roscoe

What's wrong about snow? :)

REVERUP 02-04-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasTimppa (Post 39497)
What's wrong about snow? :)

Nothing as long as it isn't mountain snow, too deep to ride.

AZRickD 02-13-2010 09:45 AM

I was just trail riding, but since I was riding with faster riders who didn't tend to take breaks, I was doing a lot of "racing." A good portion of these guys raced or used to race. So, what the heck. I entered a race way up in Utah in the 40C class in our local off-road series. I haven't missed one yet.

wence 02-13-2010 01:27 PM

I do reliability trials which include one 24 hr race per year and also compete in enduro's.
Last year I didn't do the enduro series or the 24 though due to family commitments.
I did however give an endurocross a go and had a ball.
This year I don't think I will do any one complete championship but instead mix enduro , road trials, endurocross and single trail, together with a few trips away.
Next year I would like to give the Finke desert race a go( finances permitting).
Cheers Mark:)