Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Chassis & Body (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   2011 seat (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10493)

thumperrider1 09-06-2011 09:19 PM

2011 seat

Is there anyone that make a softer seat for the newer bikes? I was hoping EE would do one since I think Alan is riding a Gasser now...........

Edit- I just saw that EE does sell the soft seat foam and covers, just no complete seat. Looks like I'll go that route.

gasser 09-07-2011 12:47 PM

I've got a brand new unused soft seat foam that came with my new bike (2011ec250) that I don't need. Make me an offer.

gasser 09-07-2011 01:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some picks. How about $35 plus shipping?

jeffs2200 09-07-2011 05:25 PM

Do not waste your money on the soft foam from EE. It comes in a package from factory effex. It was very soft and thin and did not fit well. You felt like you were sitting directly on the seat pan. It was nowhere near the quality of their KTM seats.

I ended up going with the Guts tall soft and it is much better than stock. It is a little narrower than stock but the best option I found.

twowheels 09-07-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffs2200 (Post 69697)
Do not waste your money on the soft foam from EE. It comes in a package from factory effex. It was very soft and thin and did not fit well. You felt like you were sitting directly on the seat pan. It was nowhere near the quality of their KTM seats.

I ended up going with the Guts tall soft and it is much better than stock. It is a little narrower than stock but the best option I found.

The EE tall/soft is blown by Factory Effex, but the standard/soft is done by Guts.

Robby45 09-08-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffs2200 (Post 69697)

Second that. I love the EE seat on my old KTM, but the gasser EE seat is worse than than stock.

jeffs2200 09-08-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twowheels (Post 69728)
The EE tall/soft is blown by Factory Effex, but the standard/soft is done by Guts.

I wish I would have known that at the time.

Funny thing is the stock seat looks like it would be very comfortable. I like a seat that is kind of flat and wide. I am not sure how they made it so uncomfortable.

thumperrider1 09-08-2011 03:31 PM

Is the tall/soft that much taller or does it squish down a fair amount when sitting? I've got a 30 inch inseam and can not quite touch flatfooted on my bike.

jeffs2200 09-08-2011 11:12 PM

It squishes down quite a bit but I am a fat guy.

If I were shorter I would get the standard low from Guts or EE.

swazi_matt 09-09-2011 01:45 AM

if you look at the GG seat you will notice the tank sits quite far underneath it meaning there is not much space for foam so if you go with softer foam you will be sitting on the tank!

best thing to do is what the pros say/do stand!:)