Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Piston photos at 4,000 miles (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4458)

patti larsson 04-12-2009 03:27 PM

Piston photos at 4,000 miles

3 Attachment(s)
These images are from my 4th rebuild on my Gas Gas 300. I reused original Base and Head O rings all four rebuilds. The Oil I used was full synthetic Penzoil TCW mixed 40 to 1. Could not beleive the Good results of the oil. I recently won $500 worth of Amsoil, I am hoping to have the same results or better. Power valves had a low amount of carbon, the piston and cylinder looked like new. The Penzoil TCW was only $20 dollars a gallon opposed to $40 a gallon of Amsoil.

Lance Larsson

2 strokes 4 life 04-13-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patti larsson (Post 28922)
These images are from my 4th rebuild on my Gas Gas 300. I reused original Base and Head O rings all four rebuilds. The Oil I used was full synthetic Penzoil TCW mixed 40 to 1. Could not beleive the Good results of the oil. I recently won $500 worth of Amsoil, I am hoping to have the same results or better. Power valves had a low amount of carbon, the piston and cylinder looked like new. The Penzoil TCW was only $20 dollars a gallon opposed to $40 a gallon of Amsoil.

Lance Larsson

Thats awsome but this should be posted in General or 2 stroke section.

widebear 04-13-2009 12:18 AM

Looks like you were getting some blowby past the inner oring and if you head is that clean with zero soot your prob jetted pig rich.

GMP 04-13-2009 08:02 AM

Moved the thread to the 2-stroke section.

Why reuse old o-rings and gaskets? Bad practice. If your going through the trouble of doing a top end use new parts.

Your photos are of the top of a new piston. Show the old one. Amsoil Dominator is great oil, been using it for years.

2 strokes 4 life 04-13-2009 09:54 AM

Ohh in the case this is just a new pistion thats horrible. I have 300+ hours on my stock piston. It needs a new one for next season but still. You should never re-use gaskets or O-rings like said before.

Amsoil dominator is the best money can buy. Works like it should.

patti larsson 04-13-2009 01:42 PM

Thank you for moving the thread

Yes this is the honest to God photos from my piston and head with 4000 miles on it.That is why I took the photos. I knew no one would believe me.pennzoil marine tc-w3 100% synthetic -biodegradable ashless oil.It is not recommended nor do I recomend it for your bike.But the photos are the results from that oil.My jetting at 600- 1000 ft is 40 pilot n1eg 2clip 178 main ,2004 300 GASGAS bike has never seen pemium gas . When I use to race I ran the "A class "for about 10years so I am not too slow or easy on the bike.I do not recomend reusing old gaskets. I am showing you my results.I am very cheap but growing up that way allowed me to have a full retirement at age 50. that year ,I rode my gasgas 265 days consecutive rain -sun and 16" of snow last day Jan 16 right through deer season no shots hit me. Just to set a record here for the boys to try and beat .This is in the Upper Peninsula Marquette Michigan Where we hold a National enduro most years

iancp5 04-13-2009 01:44 PM

Bull! You'd get deposits from the fuel even if the oil burnt perfectly which nothing does.

gasgasman 04-13-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patti larsson (Post 28962)
I knew no one would believe me.

You're right.
I can see blow by past the O-rings. But, none on the piston????:confused:
Even a gas motor does not run that clean.:(

jostby 04-13-2009 03:21 PM

Well I don't see why you would post false, especially since no one else initiated this post but I am skeptical also. Doing this stuff for a living I have seen propane engines similar but can't imagine how lean that would have to be to stay that clean being 2 stroke. But if true, I would say you are doing something right:cool:

patti larsson 04-13-2009 03:34 PM

I am not a liar or a bragger ,believe what you want ,just stating a fact. Lance