Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Suspension (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KYB inserts to SACHS forks (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13295)

Synergy-Seals 09-15-2012 03:47 PM

KYB inserts to SACHS forks

Has anyone performed this? The kyb inserts thread for the tc to top tube is a perfect match.
I sketched out the adaptor for the fork axle. Pretty simple peice to sandwich in between the lower tube and axle clamp. This adapter will allow the kyb damper rod nut to mount up.

I am pretty excited to do this. I could make up more if others are interested.

Rob

Jakobi 09-15-2012 04:01 PM

Very interested to see what you come up with!

Simmo737 09-17-2012 07:11 AM

Interested!

Synergy-Seals 09-17-2012 11:05 AM

Great. I will have some made very soon.

Rob

Jakobi 09-17-2012 04:55 PM

Rob, just found out all the 2013 Australian E start models will be shipping with 45 zokes. The race models with the 48 zokes. So no fresh market to sell your inserts here. Thats not to say people with the older Sachs aren't looking to upgrade. Simmo and I went TTX route, but not everyones got the spare coin for that.

Simmo737 09-17-2012 07:05 PM

Gasgas oz are indeed very silly, I just can't believe they are doing that....

n_green 09-17-2012 10:23 PM

Interested. Although I'm not exactly sure what I'm interested in?:rolleyes:

I gather KYB internals can be purchased which fit inside the Sachs tubes? What is the adaptor? I'm dumb regarding suspension sorry. :D

Jakobi 09-17-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_green (Post 95072)
Interested. Although I'm not exactly sure what I'm interested in?:rolleyes:

I gather KYB internals can be purchased which fit inside the Sachs tubes? What is the adaptor? I'm dumb regarding suspension sorry. :D

In the states they have spare KYB SSS fork parts available everywhere and cheap. Twin chamber so all the benefits of closed chamber forks over the stock sachs open cartridge design. You can do a full conversion but then run into issues with axles, triple clamps, etc etc etc. If the internals drop right in it makes it a job easier than changing fork seals, and unlike the Ohlins TTX which will set you back a grand or more, you can probably get the KYBs for less than you could have your Sachs revalved for.

Thus.. Interested ;)

So whats the plan Rob? Are you just going to machine the base plug to accomodate the KYB into the gasser lower fork leg/axle clamps?

n_green 09-17-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 95074)
In the states they have spare KYB SSS fork parts available everywhere and cheap. Twin chamber so all the benefits of closed chamber forks over the stock sachs open cartridge design. You can do a full conversion but then run into issues with axles, triple clamps, etc etc etc. If the internals drop right in it makes it a job easier than changing fork seals, and unlike the Ohlins TTX which will set you back a grand or more, you can probably get the KYBs for less than you could have your Sachs revalved for.

Thus.. Interested ;)

So whats the plan Rob? Are you just going to machine the base plug to accomodate the KYB into the gasser lower fork leg/axle clamps?

Ah I see. Ok then. Definately interested :D

GMP 09-18-2012 08:06 AM

The KYB SSS swap is not that big of a deal. Ed's '11 tured out very nice, and when using the Yamaha clamps the offsets worked out perfect. I'd maybe look into mfg a kit to use the GG wheel and brakes with the Yamaha fork. The GG brake is larger in dia also. Axel, spacers, caliper carrier adapter should do it. I still might do this to my '07.