Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   $90 replacement rear fender? Really? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11592)

firffighter 02-08-2012 10:18 PM

$90 replacement rear fender? Really?

Wanting to replace the rear fender on my '03 EC250. Ordered one from motorcycle superstore (polisport) and it is too bright a red and does not match the OEM color. It also would not come close to fitting without major surgery.

So, I look up a rear OEM fender on Gofaster and it is listed at over $90:eek:

So, any ideas on where to find one? May be interested in side panels too, but afraid to look:rolleyes:

noobi 02-08-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firffighter (Post 79439)
Wanting to replace the rear fender on my '03 EC250. Ordered one from motorcycle superstore (polisport) and it is too bright a red and does not match the OEM color. It also would not come close to fitting without major surgery.

So, any ideas on where to find one? May be interested in side panels too, but afraid to look:rolleyes:

I believe GoFasters oem plastic includes stickers.

john01 02-08-2012 11:47 PM

Try MotoPlasticsUS they don't have your year listed but may still have it. They have the 04-05 listed at $36.00. I would also call GoFasters and see if the price is correct.

gasgasman 02-09-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firffighter (Post 79439)

GoFasters web prices are NEVER right.
Gas Gas is getting a lot of bad press because of this.:mad:

GMP 02-09-2012 08:25 AM

Just call Mark, many things that are listed very high are actually fair.

AZRickD 02-09-2012 09:00 AM

I've lost track of the number of times people cite the outrageous prices listed on GoFasters.com as a reason not to buy the bike.

gasgasman 02-09-2012 09:58 AM

Yup. You get tired of "arguing" when it's right there in print.

john01 02-09-2012 11:21 AM

Yeah we got all new white plastics for my 2010 EC300 from GoFasters and the prices were in line with other brands. I do agree they should do a complete price check on their stuff if nothing else to help ensure they don't lose sales just by being priced wrong.

CDBiker220 02-09-2012 11:34 AM

I agree I wish Gofasters could list actual pricing. Just a note. Supposedly they are out of rear fenders for a week or 2. A whole batch is coming in next week or so. Ive got a few from my local dealer that goes through gofasters for parts. I think I usually pay $59...which isnt terrible when you considering it is (atleast on my 07) the rear fender and both side panels. It was a polisport fender and fit perfectly.

Mark Berg - CPD 02-09-2012 11:51 AM

corrections

Yes, we know the prices for plastics on the sight is high, it is with stickers and very expensive from the factory. Many prices are higher on the website compared to actual, because it is based on GG Spains suggested pricing plus the euro currency exchange. I have had a plane ticket in hand for over 3 months now waiting to fly to Pennsylvania for a week to edit, revise, and fix many microfiche problems since we switched to the new system. HOWEVER, i don't want to go and spend the time, money, and effort until i have the new 2012 microfiche and pricing from Spain, so i and the tech people can finish all of it at one time. It is not cheap, nor easy to have them do revisions one at a time. Spain has been telling me for the last 3 months, i will have next week..next week...next week. AS SOON AS I GET IT...i will be on the first plane to PA. Until then, email us or call if something seems incorrect. Sorry, but its not cheap to manage all of this for the limited amount of bikes per year over the years. Clay is working on building it up to where it should be and where we want it to be as well.