Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Chassis & Body (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Nissin Brake Caliper Pad Holding Shim (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23412)

risk74 03-26-2018 07:50 AM

Nissin Brake Caliper Pad Holding Shim

Trying to find the metal shim that holds the brake pads in on the front caliper.

GG part# BE250022064

Does not seem to be available through Gas Gas, but I cannot find anywhere that sells Nissin caliper parts either.

(F5) 03-26-2018 01:45 PM

Hmm, can't definitively help but week before I bought the pad end clip for rear caliper from Honda shop as they use Nissin. Just looked up an online fische and guessed. Was cheap so not huge risk.

poelinca 03-28-2018 08:09 AM

Newer GG part# is BE620122508 witch replaces the older GG part# BE250022064 you are looking for. Maybe give that a try thru your dealer, it should be very cheap so no biggie if they don't interchange (even tough they are listed to interchange on motocrosscenter, which never failed me).

risk74 03-29-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poelinca (Post 182137)
Newer GG part# is BE620122508 witch replaces the older GG part# BE250022064 you are looking for. Maybe give that a try thru your dealer, it should be very cheap so no biggie if they don't interchange (even tough they are listed to interchange on motocrosscenter, which never failed me).

Motocrosscenter refuses to sell to the United States. This makes things so difficult, as they have many parts that the dealers here do not list. They also have them at much cheaper prices. Like a crankshaft, for example. Motocrosscenter sells them for nearly half of what a US dealer sells one, even after shipping. It sucks.

Zman 03-29-2018 09:44 AM

don't get me started on the whole motocross center issue. again......

Hop on a Honda or Yamihaha parts web site as these same parts cross over to the Crf and YZ bikes that use the same brake pads.

Jakobi 03-29-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman (Post 182154)
don't get me started on the whole motocross center issue. again......

Hop on a Honda or Yamihaha parts web site as these same parts cross over to the Crf and YZ bikes that use the same brake pads.

This

Braking components, throttle assemblies, suspension bushings and seals, all can be had through Honda/Yamaha at much better prices and availability.

(F5) 03-29-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by risk74 (Post 182152)
Motocrosscenter refuses to sell to the United States. This makes things so difficult, as they have many parts that the dealers here do not list. They also have them at much cheaper prices. Like a crankshaft, for example. Motocrosscenter sells them for nearly half of what a US dealer sells one, even after shipping. It sucks.

Actually this kinda makes me feel better, having been refused custom several times from places in the US horrified when they find I don't live there.
To be fair it's has gotten better over the years.

(F5) 03-29-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakobi (Post 182159)
This

Braking components, throttle assemblies, suspension bushings and seals, all can be had through Honda/Yamaha at much better prices and availability.

Didn't we get there in post 2? We should listen to that guy, he sounds cool.

Zman 03-29-2018 06:54 PM

As I recall Motocross Center is not refusing to sell to the US as much as they are prohibited by GG from selling to the US.

motopsycho87 03-30-2018 10:55 AM

Honda part 43112-KZ4-J41

Just bought a second gasgas and this bit was missing. On the first one it had been run forever without it, ended up sticking it on with epoxy to also fill the grooves made by the pads.