Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone wearing the new Airoh Aviator3 helmet? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26134)

motorhead 05-23-2023 08:49 PM

Anyone wearing the new Airoh Aviator3 helmet?

I?m an Airoh fan, need a new lid. Any feedback on the new Airoh Aviator 3?
Pros
Cons
Really like my Aviator Ace. The 3 has a higher safety rating, but with that comes more weight, which is the reason I like my Ace-super light-super ventilated.

Anders 05-24-2023 06:38 AM

I'm an Airoh fan as well. I have newer Hebo and Kenny helmets, but had to get my old Aviator 2 out of the closet, just to use it when it got really hot the other day. I really love the ventilation system.

I am thinking of buying another Aviator, but have no experience with the newer models. How does the Ace compare to the older Aviators?

motorhead 05-24-2023 07:41 AM

I believe the Ace is the same model as the Aviator 2.2
The 2.3 had the new higher safety rated liner but looked to be sold out.
I tried a buddies Aviator 3 medium but I wear a large. Was not impressed by the fit, cheek pads were extremely tight.
I?ll probably buy another Ace as I really like the fit, just looking for more information before I choose.

swazi_matt 05-24-2023 04:07 PM

I think there were some issues with previous Airoh's with the buckle to helmet connector rusting, not sure if this has been resolved. I have a Leatt which also has good ventilation and i found it to have better fit. the Airoh would hit the back of my neck when looking up (used to think it was my neck brace, but it wasn't) (Leatt also had the same rusty buckl syndrome, but i think this has been resolved)

SS109 05-24-2023 07:55 PM

Another lightweight and very ventilated option is the LS2 MX70 Suberter and their even lighter new carbon fiber MX703 X-force

Anders 05-25-2023 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swazi_matt (Post 201631)
I think there were some issues with previous Airoh's with the buckle to helmet connector rusting, not sure if this has been resolved.

Now that you mention it, I remember a club mate crashing with his Airoh perhaps ten years ago. And the rust problem was quite evident, as the chin strap dislocated from the helmet. No injuries, though, but the helmet was of course discarded. I don't remember what model it was, most likely it was the first Aviator.

Anders 05-25-2023 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS109 (Post 201632)
Another lightweight and very ventilated option is the LS2 MX70 Suberter and their even lighter new carbon fiber MX703 X-force

I cannot find the MX70, but I do find the MX700 at quite an afforable price here in Norway.
The carbon MX703 is not for sale here yet, as far as I can see.

They are described as "long oval". How does the fit compare to e.g. the Airoh?

SS109 05-25-2023 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders (Post 201634)
I cannot find the MX70, but I do find the MX700 at quite an afforable price here in Norway.
The carbon MX703 is not for sale here yet, as far as I can see.

They are described as "long oval". How does the fit compare to e.g. the Airoh?

Not sure on the fit. I haven't personally gotten to try an Airoh. I do know the LS2 fits the same as my Shoei, Klim, and Kali helmets I've owned if that helps.

On the Airoh, I've been lusting after one since I first laid eyes on the Aviator 2.2. However, after hearing how the pad foam sacked out on some rather quickly, and then the more serious rusting anchor issues, I decided it wasn't worth the risk to me. BTW, I have had neither issue with my LS2 MX470 Subverter after almost 5 years now. Been researching helmets for my next purchase and it will be the LS2 MX703.

Is your country a part of the EU? FC-Moto has it in stock currently and has been the best price I have found on it. https://www.fc-moto.de/en/LS2-MX703-...tocross-Helmet

Anders 05-25-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS109 (Post 201635)
Not sure on the fit. I haven't personally gotten to try an Airoh. I do know the LS2 fits the same as my Shoei, Klim, and Kali helmets I've owned if that helps.

On the Airoh, I've been lusting after one since I first laid eyes on the Aviator 2.2. However, after hearing how the pad foam sacked out on some rather quickly, and then the more serious rusting anchor issues, I decided it wasn't worth the risk to me. BTW, I have had neither issue with my LS2 MX470 Subverter after almost 5 years now. Been researching helmets for my next purchase and it will be the LS2 MX703.

Is your country a part of the EU? FC-Moto has it in stock currently and has been the best price I have found on it. https://www.fc-moto.de/en/LS2-MX703-...tocross-Helmet

If it fits like my Shoei street helmet, it will fit me well.

No, we are not a part of the EU, so it will be a 25% tax added when importing it

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

SS109 05-25-2023 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders (Post 201637)
No, we are not a part of the EU, so it will be a 25% tax added when importing it

Ouch! :eek: That's brutal, brother!