Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Gasser 's Corner (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   MC65 Parts: Ridiculous prices (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1817)

bergerhag 12-03-2007 04:53 PM

MC65 Parts: Ridiculous prices

I was looking into shaping up the MC65, thought I'd start with a new piston ring. But I was in for a surprise.
The swedish importer lists the single piston ring at 753 SEK, thats more than $115 :eek:
A piston is at more than $300. For a 45mm piston? Its a bl**dy moped engine. I can get an aftermarket 70cc/15hp cylinder/piston/head/gasket kit for less than that.
A stock cylinder/piston kit is at mind numbing $1077 :confused:

WHAT!

I hate the thought, but I might have to go :eek: orange for my kid.

You gasser dealers on the forum, any comments/insights in this matter?

Bearman 12-04-2007 03:04 AM

import the stuff form america or somewhere. probably the same price if not cheaper. im ont sure on the exchange right for you guys. I'd rathe rimport than go orange buts thats me :)

bergerhag 12-04-2007 04:00 AM

Haven't found an online shop yet that stocks MC65 parts.

JoshP 12-04-2007 07:40 AM

Check with the boys over at GO Fasters. They are more than willing to help out any GG rider and very nice to deal with.

Nick 12-04-2007 08:09 AM

The engine is a Derbi, buy the parts from them. The GG part is a variation of the Derbi numbers and a Derbi dealer should be able to decipher it.

bergerhag 12-04-2007 08:37 AM

I have been down the Derbi path, its a dead end. The parts numbers in the gasgas parts list deciphers as 50cc parts at the Derbi end. So no luck there.

Maybe I should just shut up and pay up...:rolleyes:

bergerhag 12-04-2007 05:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I might have Googled my to a possible solution. Seems like the little Gasser in fact is a Conti RX65. I have mailed a price question to the swedish Conti importers.

See any resemblance??

PYT 09-23-2008 11:27 PM

Hello Bergerhag,

Still on the forum ?
What solution did you finally choose for the MC65 parts ?

PYT

bergerhag 09-24-2008 01:16 AM

I never found a crossover piston.

brains 02-02-2009 09:47 PM

Well I back on the mission of trying to find out what Derbi engine is in the 65 and if there are any cross over parts. Derbi by the look of things never made a 65 so it must have started out as another cc of engine and then was modified by GG. I am waiting e mail from Derbi to see if they can match up any of the engine numbers I have. I wonder where the barrel came from Derbi or GG?

I'm going to see if the piston matches with the KX 65 and or the SX 65. Would be great to find a big bore kit. eg 70cc.

Has anyone else had any luck?

slocalspode 02-03-2009 09:52 AM

You might get some information from this thread.
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2228
There are some pictures posted there that might help
identify your motor. It may either be a Morini or maybe
an older Derbi. I have a picture of my 2002 Derbi SM 50cc
posted there.
I believe the 50cc GasGas SM motor to be the same as
the TXT70 Rookie motor and it is a Morini. Your 65cc may
also be the same bottom end......maybe not.
Good luck. Jeff

brains 02-07-2009 05:50 AM

Hi

After hours and hours and hours, I think that I have found it!
http://www.rcscooter.net/manuales_ta...er_sm_2003.pdf

All the part numbers look the same, but the above is a 50cc?
The GG has a hydraulic clutch where the Derbi has a cable. That probably why the GG manual is up the pole! They used the same manual?

GG part pdf - http://www.gasgasmotos.es/eng/frame.htm

Look under 2006 - MC 65

The barrel is a MK (Metrakit)..... still working on this one

There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!:)

brains 02-07-2009 05:59 AM

Something else that I found very interesting - http://www.charamon.info/catalog/pro...ducts_id=12785

Can anyone read more into this?

brains 02-11-2009 09:37 AM

I have solved most problems finding out what is what and where to get what :confused:

I will take me a while to condense all the info. If anyone has questions in the mean time, just post it here.

Here come the 1st MC 80 :)

slocalspode 02-12-2009 09:17 AM

Yes, please keep us posted. I have a friend with
a EC50SM that would like to to "BIG" some day.
Thanks, Jeff

painterman 07-20-2009 02:53 PM

Had a problem with the 65 and the damage in Euro's was considerble.
€ 130,- for a piston :eek: a new nikasil for the cilinder € 196,-.
All due to a wrong way to restrict the bike for my son.
I derestricted the bike and now it's ok.
:)

brains 07-20-2009 11:22 PM

The barrel and piston is a Metrakit , if you have to buy new, go straight to one of the retailers of the kit, it's much cheaper than the GG factory. You won't find a 65cc but a 71cc and 80cc. GG factory must have made a deal once off with Metrakit to make their 65cc top ends and then bolted it to the Derbi bottom end.

I love my GG's but that MC 65 has been a pain in the butt for information and I think that the jetting for the Deletro carb was a complete "after thought"

painterman 07-22-2009 10:07 AM

:) Intresting, it was difficult to find other then GasGas parts wich would fit on the 65.I don't say that i wil but it's nice to see it can.The former importer for the netherlands ,Oerlemans , is very far in development of the 65.
He pointed out that ignition is a problem when you push the bike to the limits.
Heat causes problems. The only way is a aftermarket one. Thanks Brains!:)

brains 07-22-2009 12:36 PM

For most parts you don't have to but from the factory.

The bottom end being a Derbi Senda 50cc, you can just get Derbi parts.

I can't remember what I worked out about the hydrolic clutch, I think it was a Derbi part as well.

The AP brakes are used on other bikes like Polli.

As mentioned, the top end is Metra kit.

The reeds are Derbi

The pre 08's were Delerto and then the factory came to there senses and fitted a Mukini. I have tried the Mukini 24mm, same as the KX 65, it was much better.

The expansion chamber is very much like the KTM 65

The rear plastic comes from the same mould as the KTM and even has a KTM stamp on it, just different colour.

Painterman - the electrical problem was the coils going faulty. We had them rewound and had no more problems after that.

What did Oerlemans find out and do with the MC 65?

I still have a MC 65 sitting in pieces and not sure what I may do with it, maybe Oerlemans will give me some inspiration. My main problem with it was that the bike has no bottom end power as from factory. After big mods we sorted some of the problem out, but it is still no where near the power of the KTM SX 65.

painterman 07-23-2009 05:06 AM

Brains, i will try to pass it to Oerlemans. Although i'm very intrested in technics, i have not full wisdom :o (far from that) so i have to ask him about it.
It may take i while.
What i do know is that the boys who ride it in the Netherlands sit in 11000-13000 revs/min, according to telemetrie on the laptop

painterman 07-23-2009 05:42 AM

Maybe by sending an e-mail to info@gasgasmotoren.nl
:) i will tel him that he might get an e-mail from SA about a GG 65cc

painterman 11-11-2009 06:47 AM

He, Brains,
Did you had some news from Oerlemans or thit you find your own solutions?
You may have some problems with connecting him. He has to reorganize his company because of the lost of gasgasimportership.( a strange story on behalf of the factory):mad: Which means that i have some problems with getting spare gg parts.
Mean while the clutch from my sons mc 65 has died. Now i have to find time to repear it. It seems that the standard clutchplates are insufficiant for the work. I'm putting new plates in it, 4 instead of 3. Wich is recommended from Oerlemans in the netherlands. well back to work;)

brains 11-11-2009 11:52 PM

I haven't done anything with the MC 65 for a couple of months as Jarred has been on a KTM 65 for a while now. The MC 65 is sitting in the garage, but I am always looking for more information.

NerdFrog 11-12-2009 01:42 PM

Brains, how would you compare the two (GasGas, KTM... also looking at Cobra) for trail riding. My son's ready for a 65 in spring. He will do a few MX races for fun but main use will be west-coast enduro-style riding. Thanks!

brains 11-16-2009 07:11 AM

The SX is lighter turns tighter and has more balls. I am a GG fan, but I have to bite my lip and say that the SX is a better bike. Mine is running V Force 3 reeds and FMF Faty pipe. 230 main with clip at the top. A great enduro bike.

They both have the same forks - Mazocs.

The carb on the SX is easer to set up than that Italian "thing" on the MC, but I think in 08 the MC went to a Jap carb.

Jarred has finished 2nd over all in Enduro and 2nd over all in Off road this year on the SX.

For me the KTM spares are easy to get. I can't comment on the cobra although I have heard that the GG and Cobra are simular.

The SX changed in 09 to a whole new bike. We have the 07, no problems. I think from 02 to 07 were much the same bike.

The MC is not a bad bike at all, Jarred just prefers the SX and so do I.

Hope that helps

NerdFrog 11-16-2009 08:35 AM

Baie Dankie!
Great answer and we'll see what bikes become available this winter for my boy!

brains 11-16-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NerdFrog (Post 36480)
Baie Dankie!

:D Where did you learn that?

NerdFrog 11-16-2009 12:59 PM

I spent my Christmases in Cape Town while our family lived in Zaire (now D.R. of Congo). Though I have to admit having to look up Wikipedia to make sure that it did in fact mean "Thank-you" before replying...

I always thought I'd marry a south-african girl (I fell in love for the first time in Cape Town, a tall blonde...) I guess the exotism of canadian beaver overcame me while I was at my weakest in my early 20's in Vancouver... Now the roots have grown deep and strong!

brains 11-16-2009 01:24 PM

Who said the world was a "small place".........correct.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me especially with international forums like this one is the fact that regardless if we have sons that ride or we ride with our sons or any mix up of the two, this includes mothers and daughters, is the fact that we have a common goal. On this particular forum we want the best for our kids, meaning we want to give them the best bike to ride that we can. Why? because we want our kids to have as much fun as we have.

Basicly what I am saying is that it is good to share a common goal with fathers from around the world and it makes the world a whole lot smaller :)

Motolizard 12-08-2009 11:14 AM

Say I have an 06 mc65 I would like to sell. I had ign. problems but put in a new stator and it works awesome now. My boy is on a yz85 now so this one has to go $1200 obo. Also these bikes had to long of steering stops so I cut those down now it corners nice and tight. If you are interested call me @ 763-286-6830 or e-mail teammotolizard@hotmail.com my name is Sam.

painterman 01-22-2021 01:57 PM

technician MC 65

That's a long time and small boys grow up. Well In Germany there is a technician wich raced with the MC 65. Marc Haftka is known as a great (spanish) GasGas fan and dealer. He has made work (together with Oerlemans in the Netherland) with the MC 65. People who still want to get any wisdom about the MC 65 should contact Marc Haftka https://www.gasgas-werl.de/ .
A very nice person and a lot of knowledge about the 65. If i had the money then i would have got the programmable ignition for the bike. which made it a lot easier to ride for the little fellow. Anyway after a EC125R he's now riding a GG EC300 '18 and completly happy. :D

Demi 01-24-2021 01:40 AM

read the thread, how time flies by!

painterman 01-31-2021 02:40 PM

Yes, my son is riding faster these days and drinks my beer. I'm getting old ;-)

Demi 02-01-2021 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painterman (Post 197442)
Yes, my son is riding faster these days and drinks my beer. I'm getting old ;-)

that is great, you have done well!