Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   450 Enduro wont start / no spark (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9012)

Vinny 02-28-2011 11:49 AM

450 Enduro wont start / no spark

Hi. Hope someone can help me on the right direction.

I have a GG450 enduro that just stopped running on the trail. It was running perfect for 3 hard days and then it just stalled. I tought it might overheated or flooded so waited for a while. When it didnt start then, I took of the tank and got to the spark plug wire. Pushed the starter w/ the wire off and checked w/ omhs meter.....nothing / no power.
Any ideas ?? Is there a computer or something that I should look into ??

Thanks. Vinny.
Austin, Tx

gasgasman 02-28-2011 11:53 AM

I would check all the fuses first.

GMP 02-28-2011 12:41 PM

Main relays have been know to be a problem, not a properly sealed component for the application. This same thing plagued Cannondales as well, with he exact same symptoms. Could be a cheap fix.

I'll move this thread to the 4-stroke forum.

gasmonkey 02-28-2011 09:49 PM

Check the wiring loom and connectors behind headlight.They're a dnf just waiting to happen.I've solderd mine solid and shrinkwrapped them to remove any doubt.Automotive conectors on a dirt bike is just plain crap.Also check engine kill switch etc.
Good luck.

Qui-gon 03-01-2011 10:58 AM

Check out the ignition switch as well. I seem to remember Nick (site sponsor here) had a problem with his when were out riding.

Vinny 03-01-2011 05:18 PM

Ignition is good // wires are hooked up // only found one fuse, it was ok.

??:confused:

Crankin04 03-01-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 58422)
Ignition is good // wires are hooked up // only found one fuse, it was ok.

??:confused:

Check the fuses in the electrical compartment. It's on the right side of the bike (looking from behind it) behind the plastic underneath the seat and over exhaust. I had this same problem and it was the red 10amp fuse that blew.

Good luck and let me know.

Crankin04

Vinny 03-05-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankin04 (Post 58424)
Check the fuses in the electrical compartment. It's on the right side of the bike (looking from behind it) behind the plastic underneath the seat and over exhaust. I had this same problem and it was the red 10amp fuse that blew.

Good luck and let me know.

Crankin04

Its now at the dealer. fuses on R side by exhaust checked....they are ok.
Now what ? Frustrated:confused:

Vinny 03-11-2011 05:50 AM

TJ cycle / austin, tx

Now my dealer is frustrated. They have checked all the wiring and obvious stuff.....no results.
They dont have a diagnosis computer; should they ?

It seems to me that if you are a dealer the equipment required to do your job should be available .

Does the GG 450 have a port to hook up a computer diagnosis ??

iancp5 03-11-2011 09:27 AM

You said that the issue is no spark and the fuses are all ok?

You can only check backwards from the plug. Is power getting to the coil if it is then check ECU is being powered up and that it is getting inputs from sensors such as crank position if it is then it's the ECU and you need to find one to swap to check it.