Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   GasGas Enduro GP 250/300 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23051)

Jacob 'Berg 12-25-2017 01:50 PM

Great looking bike. I am interested to know what the motor modifications are and how it compares to the xc/ec base models.

ropheo 12-27-2017 06:21 AM

It's difficult to say about comparison if you don't have both bikes beside you. I rode two months ago XC250, but only few km. But differences which I see, the first is front forks. It's works awesome in damping, you don't need to revalve it. The shock I think have stiffer spring than XC250, because my butt is a painful, but also works great. I tested now on sand and mud, so I don't know how it will be work on hardpack. Personaly I don't like the Michelin Enduro tires and I regret that they don't stay in the Metzelers in GP version. In some situations I felt unstable on the front, maybe need a little change forks settings. The engine have hard hit like thumper, so I think it's a share of higher compresion in cylinder head. On the end I can add that it's a full competition bike from box, need only little personal settings and keeping full throtle he show you what he can do.

AZRickD 12-27-2017 07:53 AM

And, the usual Gas Gas question: What are the dry/wet weight figures?

ropheo 12-28-2017 02:16 AM

I think they are almost the same like in EC version

ECRider 01-04-2018 04:26 AM

Hi Ropheo,
I couldn't resist it any longer & just put down a deposit for a 300GP here in Australia. Can you say if the clutch is a full Rekluse auto clutch or if its just the cover as stated in the ad. Also does the manual with the bike state if the fork & shock springs are heavier than the standard EC's? Any further updates on your new ride?

ropheo 01-05-2018 05:33 AM

No it's not full Rekluse. Dealer said that is a cover and basket and stiffer springs, but not plates. This solution have more oil inside and better cooling for clutch than EC/XC. If you want full Rekluse you need only to change discs/plates. Manual is very weak and I can't tell are springs stiffer than other versions only my personal feelings. But even if they are the front is still more plushnes even more than XC on which I rode. Stiffer springs are more noticeable in shock or maybe a foam on sit is tough ? I change some settings in suspension, lower the sag to 105mm (95mm form showroom) and rise up triple clamps - forks down and 2-3 clicks in some compresion or rebound and now bikes ride stable like train. Earlier was to unstable for me, because maybe I was too slow :P Now I even like the Michelin tires :) I compared to my friend Beta RR and the suspension is like day and night. In the past my choice was on a Beta, but now I see only two advantages: e-startes and because Beta is lower he is better to turns i tight woods, but not much. I can tell more when I will compare this to XC250 my other friend, but he is sick now and I don't know are we make it before snow.

ECRider 01-05-2018 07:20 AM

Thanks for that. Suspension sounds good & may need a little run-in time to loosen up on the shock.