Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Moto GP fans ?? (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10866)

savage sausage 10-24-2011 04:45 PM

Moto GP fans ??

anyone on here follow moto gp?

Todd5774 10-24-2011 05:06 PM

Yup.

Was a sad weekend.

bukwheat 10-24-2011 08:20 PM

I'm not a big fan of MotoGP but I did see that and it was brutal....strange too.
RIP Marco.....:(

Bryan 10-25-2011 08:23 AM

Yep. I follow MotoGP, SBK and AMA roadracing. I use to roadrace (club level) a few years ago. Have always ridden dirt bikes since I was a little kid - but never raced them. I enjoy the trails.

Last Sunday was a tough day for MotoGP. RIP Marco - way to young. Marco was a bright new star that was starting to come into his own.

BluegassXCR 10-25-2011 08:50 AM

Ya...and what a sad crash....unfortuately with his crazy style and over the edge riding he was doomed....he has taken out everybody on the grid at 1 point but still a very nice kid and a scary crash

savage sausage 10-26-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluegassXCR (Post 72981)
Ya...and what a sad crash....unfortuately with his crazy style and over the edge riding he was doomed....he has taken out everybody on the grid at 1 point but still a very nice kid and a scary crash

Sad sad day wouldn't say his riding was over the edge,
sure he made a few mistakes but
,but he was starting to come into his element at least he took the fight to the other riders
I disagree with you that he has taken everyone out on the grid.

He brought life into MOTO GP its all gone a bit stale

The crash was just a unforseeable event that no one could have predicted

RIP marco

BluegassXCR 10-26-2011 01:13 PM

He has made a lot of moves that had no chance but I give him credit for at least going for it...i would like to see that passion out of Nicky every now and then....

Troy F collins 10-26-2011 01:18 PM

I have watched motoGP and 500GP for many years....

I was watching live when the crash happened....it was a highly unusual accident.. nothing to do with his aggressive style....

It started as a simple low side when he ran his knee over the curbing and would have got away with it if he let go....BUT his left leg came off the peg and he hung on/off desperately to the right side of the machine.....then the bike came back on its wheels with him handcuffed desperately out of control....into the path of Colin and Valentino....his helmet came off in the incident as well.....very sad indeed

It scares me because I wear the same AGV Ti tech model he was wearing(road use)

BluegassXCR 10-26-2011 03:34 PM

not very often someone will drill you in the head at 100+ miles an hour.....

I dont think even if his helmet didnt come off that it was very survivable....

and I wasnt saying that his wreck was caused by being aggressive...just saying in the past...and actually not even this year

and it is a very sad thing

Troy F collins 10-26-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluegassXCR (Post 73092)
not very often someone will drill you in the head at 100+ miles an hour.....

I dont think even if his helmet didnt come off that it was very survivable....

and I wasnt saying that his wreck was caused by being aggressive...just saying in the past...and actually not even this year

and it is a very sad thing

True ...Its a bit of tragic irony that although he was involved in a some incidents during the year and may have made a few overly optimistic decisions and passing attempts along the way...that he had to leave us during a crash that should have been very basic....

he was well liked among the paddock and was quite the character....as well as spectacular to watch

he wont be forgotten