Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Electric Start EC300 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6442)

J D 12-07-2009 01:54 AM

Electric Start EC300

Anyone heard any updates on the EC300 electric start? Noticed one dealer had them advertised on his website saying they were coming in December??

Will we be able to retrofit the older bikes or do I have to start being extra nice to the lovely wife?

Fred1956 12-07-2009 09:11 AM

Just in case.....always be nice to the wife, then WHEN you need it, you have some credit built up :-)

REVERUP 12-07-2009 05:43 PM

I too am interested in the electric start. My tune has changed.
I was once pretty against the idea for my bike. But with all the course work and set up Ive been doing this last year. It sure would be nice. Really, it has nothing to do with getting older. :rolleyes:

Roscoe

roostafish 12-07-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVERUP (Post 37275)
I too am interested in the electric start. My tune has changed.
I was once pretty against the idea for my bike. But with all the course work and set up Ive been doing this last year. It sure would be nice. Really, it has nothing to do with getting older. :rolleyes:

Roscoe

Sissy.

I'm a believer too, after watching my brother in law save it over and over again because of the electric starter. Whodathunk?

gasgasnz 12-07-2009 10:00 PM

latest I've heard is they are supposed to be released in spain in jan so don't think the rest of the world will see it before feb-march? once you have a e-start on any bike I think it would be hard to go back, I've had 3 gasgas's and then a spell on a wr250 but I'll be back when the 2010 300 gets here and can't wait!

Diddel 12-07-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J D (Post 37226)
Anyone heard any updates on the EC300 electric start? Noticed one dealer had them advertised on his website saying they were coming in December??

Will we be able to retrofit the older bikes or do I have to start being extra nice to the lovely wife?

Best get rid of her just encase.

gg3 12-07-2009 10:59 PM

Hi JD,
I have just ordered a 2010 EC 300 here in NZ.Won't be here until Feb.I was going to get the cross country model,but if I wait another month get the button.I,m not getting any younger!

REVERUP 12-08-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roostafish (Post 37281)
Sissy.

I'm a believer too, after watching my brother in law save it over and over again because of the electric starter. Whodathunk?

I'd rather be a sissy than a Beaver! :p

No really, I think as far as helping to get out of tough spots like mountain single track where foot placement while kick starting, on steep inclines, and when your racing and tired and stall cause the going is tough, a quick push of the button and away you go is a huge advantage.

Roscoe

J D 12-09-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REVERUP (Post 37323)
No really, I think as far as helping to get out of tough spots like mountain single track where foot placement while kick starting, on steep inclines, and when your racing and tired and stall cause the going is tough, a quick push of the button and away you go is a huge advantage.

Roscoe

That's pretty much what I miss, having had e-start previously, & perhaps I'm ageing a little.
Anything that helps me keep riding longer is a good thing in my view. ;)

J D 12-09-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg3 (Post 37291)
Hi JD,
I have just ordered a 2010 EC 300 here in NZ.Won't be here until Feb.I was going to get the cross country model,but if I wait another month get the button.I,m not getting any younger!

Cheers for the info gg3. I'll be seeing a dealer hopefully tomorrow. Will see what they can offer.