Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2012 distribution (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12321)

Bobby T 05-02-2012 05:01 AM

2012 distribution

Clay
How are you going to distribute the 12 250 estarts coming to USA?
I am in Hawaii and I am waiting for my bike. Please tell me it will be here soon.
My distributor is dying here, he could sell bikes if they were here. I really hate to say this but maybe GG should hire one of the higher ups with the pumpkin company to straighten out this mess.

noobi 05-02-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby T (Post 85768)
Clay
How are you going to distribute the 12 250 estarts coming to USA?
I am in Hawaii and I am waiting for my bike. Please tell me it will be here soon.
My distributor is dying here, he could sell bikes if they were here. I really hate to say this but maybe GG should hire one of the higher ups with the pumpkin company to straighten out this mess.

GG in the US, or GG in Spain ?

Clay already explained why the 2012s haven't arrived yet in another thread.
They got put back by the airbox debacle, and again because Ohlins are slow delivering shocks and the US only orders Race models which come with Ohlins shocks.
Its hard to compare GG with KTM, they are 10 times the size of GG and make almost all of their parts in house, including suspension, as they own WP. GG sources most of their parts from suppliers and then assemble at the factory, as such they are at the mercy of those suppliers and the current Euro climate makes things worse.

Bobby T 05-02-2012 05:29 AM

Thanks Noobi I saw those threads I am just wondering how he intends to distribute the bikes that do make it here

GMP 05-02-2012 07:30 AM

Simple, to the dealers that pre ordered them first, and first come first serve the rest. Like anyone would do.

bukwheat 05-02-2012 08:03 AM

Don't misunderstand this post, I love GG, but jeez louise, how in the hell do they expect to gain any "market share" when they don't or can't release one of their most demanded bikes until half the model year is gone. And the competition is releasing their 2013's a month after the GG 2012s are just reaching the dealer...where is the emoticon with the little guy slappin' his forehead? I feel sorry for Clay, I know he is as frustrated as all the guys that ordered the 250s.

What holiday are they celebrating in Spain this week?:confused::rolleyes:

GMP 05-02-2012 08:40 AM

Yeah there will be fewer bikes, but some guys that are racing a series might have bailed out of their deals so a few more may be available than you think, JMO. Sucks to have to set a bike up in the middle of the season, but its not Clay's fault. This is just a sport to us but a liveyhood to him. Where GG went wrong was that failed filter design. Too norrow a focus toward ISDE and WEC applications, the rest of us don't seem to need or want it and it bit them. They could have made a works subframe with the flat filter for their riders if it was that important, and even sold it in the hardparts catalog. JMO.

gasgasman 05-02-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bukwheat (Post 85774)
What holiday are they celebrating in Spain this week?:confused::rolleyes:

Running Of the Bulls.:eek:

Bobby T 05-02-2012 12:14 PM

This thread was not meant to bash Clay, I know he must be in a tough spot. I just wanted to know how he was going to select which dealers get the few bikes that do make it across the pond. I figure he must have more than 12 orders for 250 estarts pre-paid.

My suggestion for GG to hire someone from the orange company was simply to suggest they need to clean house at the factory. Maybe work a few holidays until they get bikes out when they should be out.

Bobby T 05-02-2012 12:19 PM

Not to be a pain in the ass but I read on another thread the 2013s will be out in September. Is that still the prjected date?

Muddy 05-02-2012 12:43 PM

Gasgas

How about giving GasGas U.S. a call. I'll bet someone can answer your question.
I am waiting to see a xc 300 in person for future puerchase.