Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Product Reviews (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   G2 throttle tube (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=116)

iancp5 08-02-2006 02:04 PM

G2 throttle tube

http://www.g2ergo.com/

Excellent product to allow you to fine tune throttle response. This throttle tube is made of aluminium and comes with 3 different cams which change the rate of the slide lifting during the initial period. I use the slowest and find it really helps low speed control. After I fitted it I was at a track with a couple of MXers who are faster than me. Through a flat S bend I gained on them noticeably as they could put power down smoothly. With the G2 throttle I had much better control, cornered smoother and reeled them in - until the grippy bends at least!

MattR 08-02-2006 05:06 PM

+1!

I'm a believer in the G2 throttle too. I use the slowest cam (blue) on my bike. It really helps fine-tune the power delivery in mud and on hillclimbs.

GMP 08-02-2006 06:47 PM

I too like this product. I run the #200 cam. Its good on the 2-strokes, but really shines on the big 4-strokes that have big off idle thrust like my brother's TE450, really makes them more ridable in the tight.

cdn280 08-03-2006 06:34 AM

Good to hear ! I just ordered one too.
I experimented in the sprint by puttin my spare (fast)trials throttle assembly on, and although it was stupid slow, (like 180 degrees) it was awesome in the snow, ice and mud. It felt like I could dial in 100 rpm at a time with no wheelspin. Crawling along the crown of rutted atv trails suddenly became fun. Sounds like either the 200 or 400 will suit me.

eff 08-03-2006 06:47 AM

I have one too. I have been running the 400 cam and it really seems to help when I get into tight technical stuff.

Mark Tracy 08-03-2006 10:19 AM

I really like my G2 also (on a 300 KTM) - I use the #300 for wet and the # 200 for sand. The good news for me is it is the same throttle tube as a KTM and will also fit on my potential 07 GG 300 :)

FFRDave 08-03-2006 07:53 PM

Is there a cam that also speeds therottle response from a bone stock 2005 GG ec 250 ?

I ride in the sand dunes and also dabble in Motocross. I have a problem on the MX track in that I do not ever want to come up short on a double and go over the bars. I also do not want to overshoot and land in the flat. Its a real crippling fobia that has kept me from progressing in my skills. Its the already smooth GG powerband that has added dramaticaly to my abilitys so far.

I thought I could approach the double at a slower rate and then flick over it. I can utalize my mellow powerband on the GG. Then blend that (mellow even power delivery) with a quicker therottle response, so I wont have to crank it way open. Just a slight turn of the therottle should allow me to flick over the jump and cross the span.

Am I right or just plain HOSED ?!

Mark Tracy 08-04-2006 09:38 AM

I actually talked to the inventor of the G2 awhile back and he said he made an ultra quick openning throttle for Ty Davis and his team - I think it may be on the market now? You may want to lighten the EC flywheel weight which will really make it hit they way you want...

FFRDave 08-04-2006 12:18 PM

Mark, you have a pM

I dont want to steal the thread.:eek:

I was just wondering if there is a faster and a slower one. And then I explained why I was interested.:D

jlk_250 08-04-2006 12:37 PM

I have one of these too and have the slowest one (400) on my bike right now. It makes the bike feel a little doggy at first and then you get used to it. Sometimes I can tell that it helps me maintain control, like when trying to avoid wheelspin during hillclimbs. I think if you run the 400 in the woods and for MX tracks you switch to the 100 (equivalent to stock) it'll feel like the engine is much more responsive until your body gets used to it again. They make a "pro" version that opens faster than stock for the 4 strokes but not for 2 strokes, at least not that they advertise.

Jon
'01 XC300