Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2012 Models (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9242)

hallam76 03-15-2011 04:20 PM

2012 Models

I know it's a bit early but is there news on we can expect on the 2012 models, if the changes aren't that much I think I will get a new 2011 300 now.

HuskyDude 03-15-2011 05:17 PM

Not to steer you away from a new ride be it a 2011 or 2012. But you still might get a smoke'n deal on a few 2010.

You should check out the 'New Bikes' forum

Clay 03-16-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallam76 (Post 59403)
I know it's a bit early but is there news on we can expect on the 2012 models, if the changes aren't that much I think I will get a new 2011 300 now.

Hallam,
We hope to have 2012s here in the US in August. We are are going to decrease the number of models and we hope to have about one per model per dealer in August/September.
One thing we can expect, unfortunately, is a price increase if the dollar doesn't get stronger. When we first priced the 2011s, the Euro cost $1.26, now it is close to $1.40.
Clay

einsteingarage 03-16-2011 11:51 AM

I for one am willing to invade any country to keep the price of my GasGas down.

I am currently drafting a letter to Obama.:D

bukwheat 03-16-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by einsteingarage (Post 59468)
I for one am willing to invade any country to keep the price of my GasGas down.

I am currently drafting a letter to Obama.:D

Well, thats just a waste of time, you know he won't do anything about it.....:rolleyes:

GMP 03-16-2011 12:52 PM

Alan,

You got that right, unless it was electric, with solar bodywork, and made by unionized labor who contributed to his campaign.

Hey, I'm still lookin' for an Obama chew toy that will stand up to a pitbull. I guess thats a waste of time too, even the Obama replicas are weak.:D

gas stroke 03-16-2011 02:09 PM

Cosumer

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 59471)
Alan,

You got that right, unless it was electric, with solar bodywork, and made by unionized labor who contributed to his campaign.

Hey, I'm still lookin' for an Obama chew toy that will stand up to a pitbull. I guess thats a waste of time too, even the Obama replicas are weak.:D

Well, i guess that union money won't spend with the Gas Gas Importer's? Any way; mine won't. I'll spead it heavy with Husqvarna instead. You should as a moderator have more discipline with your bias. Do you Recken??

GMP 03-16-2011 03:02 PM

What I recken is I can joke around with guys here I have known for years with more than 4 posts. As long as its kept PG rated, does not personally attack a member, and does not get out of hand, there is nothing wrong with some good witty banter. Seems to have worked OK so far, and keeps things lively.

Also, while most of my statement was indeed humor, the part that you obviously took offense to is indeed fact. Some of my best friends are union and if I can have both serious and humorus discussions with them, I will not be schooled by you.

As far as my discipline goes, if you feel it is inadequate, I suggest you start a poll. If it swings in your favor, I would be happy to quit and never be heard from again here. If not, well, enjoy Cafe Husky.

Krieg 03-16-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 59475)
What I recken is I can joke around with guys here I have known for years with more than 4 posts. As long as its kept PG rated, does not personally attack a member, and does not get out of hand, there is nothing wrong with some good witty banter. Seems to have worked OK so far, and keeps things lively.

Also, while most of my statement was indeed humor, the part that you obviously took offense to is indeed fact. Some of my best friends are union and if I can have both serious and humorus discussions with them, I will not be schooled by you.

As far as my discipline goes, if you feel it is inadequate, I suggest you start a poll. If it swings in your favor, I would be happy to quit and never be heard from again here. If not, well, enjoy Cafe Husky.

Bravo GMP! Well said. Sounds like the flying saucer just arrived from the Planet of the Perpetually Offended. Maybe we can load the Prez and all his pals on this saucer and shoot every last one of them back to said planet where they can all be Politically Correct, spend each other's money like drunken fools, and hump trees forever! :D

mtothef 03-16-2011 03:44 PM

politics and religion...

i try not to let them get in the way of my dirt biking.

i'm a hippie. i recycle. i work on the bicycle industry. i vote democrat. i go barefoot a lot. i would love to enjoy socialized education and medicine in this country in some form that isn't totally laughable. i don't believe in dying for any god. i think the constitution of this country is an awesome document that is continually misinterpreted by dipshits with agendas. i could say the same about the bible, i guess...

but i sure do love wheels and engines. must be a hypocrite.

anyway, i usually keep my mouth shut about anything but bikes and riding when in a dirt bike forum since the necks tend to run a bit red. most of the people i've met out in the dirt have been good folk and i've tipped back beer with plenty of them. but we don't talk politics or religion.

i stick to mine, they stick to theirs. usually works out pretty well.

Krieg 03-16-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtothef (Post 59481)

i'm a hippie. i recycle. i work on the bicycle industry. i vote democrat. i go barefoot a lot. i would love to enjoy socialized education and medicine in this country in some form that isn't totally laughable. i don't believe in dying for any god. i think the constitution of this country is an awesome document that is continually misinterpreted by dipshits with agendas. i could say the same about the bible, i guess...

anyway, i usually keep my mouth shut about anything but bikes and riding when in a dirt bike forum since the necks tend to run a bit red. most of the people i've met out in the dirt have been good folk and i've tipped back beer with plenty of them. but we don't talk politics or religion.

Tisk Tisk! There you go... bringing religion into a political discussion! :eek::D

john01 03-16-2011 03:53 PM

I'll just say.... my vote goes to GMP! Now bring on the new GG bikes.:D

Krieg 03-16-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john01 (Post 59485)
I'll just say.... my vote goes to GMP! Now bring on the new GG bikes.:D

Clay told me no 2012's until you sell me your TM!!! :D....

.... OK, maybe Clay didn't tell me that. But sell me your TM anyway!

john01 03-16-2011 04:01 PM

LOL well I traded the Tm to my son for my old 2010 GasGas 300. Now bring on the 2012's!!!

Krieg 03-16-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john01 (Post 59487)
LOL well I traded the Tm to my son for my old 2010 GasGas 300. Now bring on the 2012's!!!

:eek: Well he can sell it to me!!!! ;)

Pelle 03-16-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtothef (Post 59481)

Hey, you are describing me!

lankydoug 03-16-2011 04:51 PM

I can get along with anyone who can back their opinions with logic and reason. I can sometimes get along with those who don't... they are usually women. :D

Rick 03-16-2011 06:00 PM

Man.......did this thread get off the singletrack:D

HuskyDude 03-16-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 59494)
Man.......did this thread get off the singletrack:D

Ya and them some.

I figure 'i stick to mine, they stick to theirs. usually works out pretty well."

Enough said

http://www.cafehusky.com/smilies/cheers.gif

Krieg 03-16-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyDude (Post 59496)
Ya and them some.

I figure 'i stick to mine, they stick to theirs. usually works out pretty well."

Enough said

http://www.cafehusky.com/smilies/cheers.gif

As long as you don't get your stick near me, things will be dandy! :D

trailridernut 03-16-2011 06:49 PM

LOL...!!!

What a riot!!:D You guys are great!

rgranger 03-16-2011 06:55 PM

one area where both sides have screwed motorsports by bending to the radical environuts. unfortunately our sport is tied to politics and we need to put left/right aside to fight the epa/serria club/e15/.....crowd. i will stop my rant there because i am one handed because of one of those evil trees!

mrkartoom 03-16-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 59475)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/cavender/1.gif for GMP. That was nice to see.

GasGas 03-16-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gas stroke (Post 59473)
Well, i guess that union money won't spend with the Gas Gas Importer's? Any way; mine won't. I'll spead it heavy with Husqvarna instead. You should as a moderator have more discipline with your bias. Do you Recken??

Bit early for fishing is it not?
http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/12/25/58/99/900_0610.jpg

GMP 03-16-2011 09:04 PM

Wow! See, what did I say, livens things right up.:D

Krieg 03-16-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 59510)
Wow! See, what did I say, livens things right up.:D

You're a subversive! I'm sure Eric Holder has you under surveillance! :)

blanc 03-18-2011 05:06 AM

OK OK, OK...From an Irish perspective you guys are screwed up!!!

Two years ago, everyone gave out about BUSH (Idiot, murderer, oil hungry :mad:...that type of thing). Now everyone is giving out about Obama, know one is ever happy. If I wanted encouragement and full fulfilment from my chosen profession I would not like to be the President of anything!!! :eek:

The poor guy!

Now an American perspective on us Irish........ Drunken, sex mad, scrappers with far too much debt......hey????

mrkartoom 03-18-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blanc (Post 59600)
OK OK, OK...From an Irish perspective you guys are screwed up!!! . . . . .

Now an American perspective on us Irish........ Drunken, sex mad, scrappers with far too much debt......hey????

And my parents always told me I was of English decent. They lied I'm Irish! :D

GasGasDreamer 03-18-2011 01:24 PM

just to add a little fuel to the fire, i think that anyone who believes that one party is better than the other, or than one president is better than other, has been played and schooled exactly as the real people in power want. in short, you are following blind lies and without a new perspective there will be no real change, just more of the same. a good book to help you along is howard zinn-a people's history of the united states, that is for those who read. if you count on fox news, or the daily show, or pat roberts for your forcefeed perspective, well...never mind. the political system is desgined as a venue for you to channel your angry so that you don't look past it and start demanding real change. as far as religion, it's mainly another manmade tool to control and exploit the masses, and perpetuate a feeling of 'my god can kick your god's ass'. that is not to say there is no God, i do believe there is One but He isn't religious. but hey, it's easier to cast blame than to search for the truth.

Krieg 03-18-2011 01:44 PM

And now for something completely different...

Have any of you ever farted in a space suit? If so, does the smell eventually go away?

mrkartoom 03-18-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krieg (Post 59646)

Have any of you ever farted in a space suit? If so, does the smell eventually go away?

I don't know. Ask Glenn

Skidad 03-18-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasGasDreamer (Post 59643)
just to add a little fuel to the fire, i think that anyone who believes that one party is better than the other, or than one president is better than other, has been played and schooled exactly as the real people in power want. in short, you are following blind lies and without a new perspective there will be no real change, just more of the same. a good book to help you along is howard zinn-a people's history of the united states, that is for those who read. if you count on fox news, or the daily show, or pat roberts for your forcefeed perspective, well...never mind. the political system is desgined as a venue for you to channel your angry so that you don't look past it and start demanding real change. as far as religion, it's mainly another manmade tool to control and exploit the masses, and perpetuate a feeling of 'my god can kick your god's ass'. that is not to say there is no God, i do believe there is One but He isn't religious. but hey, it's easier to cast blame than to search for the truth.

IMO a better perspective vs. adding fuel to the fire....but back on track for the 2012 bikes

Will GG finally make a 3+ gallon tank that actually fits really well and doesn't need to be heated up, pushed, pulled, squeezed and contorted to fit (Clarke should be ashamed of how their oversize tank fits) and maybe come through with jetting that's not out in left field or consistently sized carbs. Maybe some more captive fastners and how about a redesign of that rear brake pedal setup (inside the frame like KTM or Beta) so the peg can fold correctly:confused::rolleyes:

.....hmmmm, maybe I just threw fuel on the fire myself:D

GMP 03-18-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krieg (Post 59646)

Never farted in a space suit. I have farted in a Unisuit (dry diving suit) with a down the chest/through the crotch/up the back zipper. A fun trick on the dive boat was to get your buddy to crack the zipper for you after a good rip.:D

HuskyDude 03-18-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidad (Post 59651)
...but back on track for the 2012 bikes
Will GG finally make a 3+ gallon tank that actually fits

I'm not sure the demand is there. They ride different over in Europe. And have no need for a lager tank. Our loss.
It took a long time to get Husky to make a larger tank and think of how many Huskys are sold in North America. I think the best we're gonna get is either IMS or Clark tanks for our bikes. And then you have to have a minimum order before they will commit to a run. I know P3 made a very small run (2-3) over size tanks for the Huskys out of CB. Very impressive but also very expensive.:D
We all except our bike to get better each year but it puts a very big strain on non OEM parts (IE fuel tanks) when the manufacture changes the design every few years.

It's our own fault for always wanted something new and not being satisfied with what we have.

http://www.cafehusky.com/smilies/popcorn.gif

Biff 03-18-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskyDude (Post 59656)
I'm not sure the demand is there. They ride different over in Europe. And have no need for a lager tank. Our loss.
It took a long time to get Husky to make a larger tank and think of how many Huskys are sold in North America. I think the best we're gonna get is either IMS or Clark tanks for our bikes. And then you have to have a minimum order before they will commit to a run. I know P3 made a very small run (2-3) over size tanks for the Huskys out of CB. Very impressive but also very expensive.:D
We all except our bike to get better each year but it puts a very big strain on non OEM parts (IE fuel tanks) when the manufacture changes the design every few years.

It's our own fault for always wanted something new and not being satisfied with what we have.

http://www.cafehusky.com/smilies/popcorn.gif

We ride long days here in Devon England, and also ride Wales/Cornwall.Tank range can be an issue for me - 1 litre in back pack, (lots of XRs - never stop)
Bigger stock tank would be a bonus.

Biff

GMP 03-18-2011 06:31 PM

One reason this got so crazy is there is no info on the 2012 bikes. So, like bored kids in class we act up!

Seriously though, I'm in for something new spring/summer, and would like to know some details too like you guys. I may end up with a '12 if my cash frees up late. My big question is forks, 48 CC Zokes on all or just Race/SD bike? I'm sure Clay will tell when he knows.

thumperrider1 03-18-2011 08:35 PM

How about a Cervantes edition with TTX front and back?

mtothef 03-19-2011 08:52 AM

looks like they do

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidad (Post 59651)
Will GG finally make a 3+ gallon tank that actually fits really well and doesn't need to be heated up, pushed, pulled, squeezed and contorted to fit (Clarke should be ashamed of how their oversize tank fits) and maybe come through with jetting that's not out in left field or consistently sized carbs. Maybe some more captive fastners and how about a redesign of that rear brake pedal setup (inside the frame like KTM or Beta) so the peg can fold correctly:confused::rolleyes:

.....hmmmm, maybe I just threw fuel on the fire myself:D

there's a link somewhere around here to the gasgas euro powerparts catalog, and there's a 12l tank in there. also saw something for sale on the gasserparts.com website:

http://www.ktm-parts.com/BE250610124.html

see? piece of cake. for a mere $817. ouch.

is the clarke really that bad, as in, does it fit $600 worse than the gasgas tank?

Clay 03-19-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMP (Post 59667)
One reason this got so crazy is there is no info on the 2012 bikes. So, like bored kids in class we act up!

Seriously though, I'm in for something new spring/summer, and would like to know some details too like you guys. I may end up with a '12 if my cash frees up late. My big question is forks, 48 CC Zokes on all or just Race/SD bike? I'm sure Clay will tell when he knows.

GMP,
Chuck and I are going to Spain in Mid-April to find out if we get what we asked for back in January. We asked for 48mm Zokes on everything and to combine the Race/Six Day model plus all of the other changes we discussed in infinite detail back a couple of months ago. Also asked for some early units in August. Hopefully we get what we want. I'll let you know in April.
There will be a Cervantes 250, BTW.
Clay

AZRickD 03-19-2011 09:41 PM

They'd better substantially re-valve the 48 Zokes. They are ungawdly stiff- Suitable only for a very, very fast (and bigger than average) rider.

At this point I am completely befuddled on what to buy.