Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2018 (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22860)

Stoby 08-08-2017 07:48 AM

Has anyone actually gotten a new bike (18) yet ? If so how about some info or a review please.
Stoby

CDN Rick 08-08-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoby (Post 178397)
Has anyone actually gotten a new bike (18) yet ? If so how about some info or a review please.
Stoby

My dealer is telling me he is expecting next week. He will call me to come down for a test ride as soon as he gets them.

2012bluestreak 08-08-2017 04:29 PM

I am from Ontario as well , which dealer are you using ? Dual Sport Plus ?

CDN Rick 08-09-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012bluestreak (Post 178407)
I am from Ontario as well , which dealer are you using ? Dual Sport Plus ?

Actually no. I live near Niagara Falls and ride across the border to Bonjoes Cycle in New York. If you are interested in demo riding a 2018 I'm sure Brett would let you. Just tell him Rick from Niagara sent you.

Last I talked to Dualsport they mentioned they don't intend to bring any in unless they have a deposit in hand.

CDN Rick 08-09-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet (Post 178413)
Sadly, DS Plus cannot sell GasGas Enduro Motorcycles, due to their dealer agreement with a competing brand. It's a Canadian thing....

That's hardly a competing brand.... Dem bikes ain't got nothin on a Gasser!!!:D:D

markwoodlief 09-02-2017 08:13 PM

I took mine out for it's trial run this morning. I rode about 4 hours today with a mix of really nasty rocky single track, and some mellow double track. First off.. the engine is simply amazing. In stock form with no adjustments made at all to it, it felt killer in the nasty. It just kept chugging.. can't stall this motor very easily at all.

Handling is decent, but I need to work out the suspension. I'm heavier than what the stock springs were designed to handle, so it get's busy up front like my Beta did before I put heavier springs on that bike. I was alerted by GasGas that they will be informing dealers of spring rates and will have springs available through them next week.

The bike feels really planted, even with my current under sprung situation. Unlike my beta that often feels uncontrollable, the gas gas just seems to work well. Rocks and logs that I avoid with the Beta I was jumping with the GasGas within the first 5 miles of seat time on it. Pic below of today's ride. *Note barkbusters are on order, but couldn't wait and had to get some moto in.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycl...2_090239-L.jpg

Adrian200xc 09-03-2017 05:04 PM

I checked this bike out in person yesterday and it looks awesome! Top notch build quality. Hopefully I can ride a 250 and 300 before I pull the trigger.

markwoodlief 09-03-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian200xc (Post 178757)
I checked this bike out in person yesterday and it looks awesome! Top notch build quality. Hopefully I can ride a 250 and 300 before I pull the trigger.

was that you I met at Walker with the 200 yesterday? Told my kids about your bike. :) If it was you, I would have let you ride mine yesterday. For that matter anytime you are headed up call/txt me, i'll meet you there and you can take her for a rip.

Adrian200xc 09-03-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markwoodlief (Post 178761)
was that you I met at Walker with the 200 yesterday? Told my kids about your bike. :) If it was you, I would have let you ride mine yesterday. For that matter anytime you are headed up call/txt me, i'll meet you there and you can take her for a rip.

It wasn't me but I've been wanting to ride walker for a while. Thanks for the offer! Since Tillamook is closed I've made other plans most of this month. If I don't get one before October I'll take you take you up on your offer! :)

markwoodlief 09-03-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian200xc (Post 178766)
It wasn't me but I've been wanting to ride walker for a while. Thanks for the offer! Since Tillamook is closed I've made other plans most of this month. If I don't get one before October I'll take you take you up on your offer! :)

sounds good.. i'm 10 mins from the main lot, and work at home. :)