Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   All Other Bikes... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   94 CR 250 Ground Up Restoration IMS Wide Ratio Transmission Issue (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22310)

Moto7man 03-02-2017 10:19 AM

I got new side caps for the swingarm. The swingarm was powdercoated silver.
I also installed the rear brake hose guides with cad bolts.

I old brake pedal was a little beat up so I got a 2014 YZf 450 brake pedal and it bolted right up. I might need to trim the Yamaha bolt a bit with a dremel because it is close to the swingarm but is has good amount of clearance. I ordered a Yamaha master cylinder U clamp bc the YZF brake pedal is a little wider where it joins the master cylinder. Also, those footpegs are titanium and came off a 2009 YZ250. I used Yamaha pins and springs to mount them.

Moto7man 03-02-2017 10:25 AM

I am very happy with the backgrounds and numbers from Decal Works.

I also installed a new oem tank strap. I'm not sure if the orientation of the strap is correct. I installed the new upper seat mount washer with a cad plated bolt. I also installed a new oem fuel valve and oring, pics to follow.

Moto7man 03-02-2017 10:27 AM

I am going through a lot of Honda OEM parts, here is a shot of some of the empty bags. :D:D:D

Leo 03-03-2017 05:27 AM

:eek: Wow! Had one 94 CR back there days!
Congratulations nice job

Moto7man 03-03-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo (Post 175107)
:eek: Wow! Had one 94 CR back there days!
Congratulations nice job

Thanks very much!

Moto7man 03-03-2017 05:25 PM

Suspension from Works Enduro Rider

Shock, anodized black.

Shocks and forks

This is how she looks at the moment, ....we are getting there.....

Moto7man 03-13-2017 11:48 AM

I finished the rims, installed Tubliss inserts on the front and rear wheels with new metzeler tires. I put a Unicross on the front and Six Days on the rear. I got it off the stand and sat on it for the first time in 18 months!:D:D:D:D

Moto7man 03-13-2017 03:58 PM

Is there a special tool to remove the small round "grub"cover on the brake pad pin for the front brake caliper? Mine is seized up and I will put a torch on it but I wondered if there was a special tool to fit the groove, my impact driver fits the groove but it is just a little too wide

Moto7man 03-21-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto7man (Post 175366)
Is there a special tool to remove the small round "grub"cover on the brake pad pin for the front brake caliper? Mine is seized up and I will put a torch on it but I wondered if there was a special tool to fit the groove, my impact driver fits the groove but it is just a little too wide

I finally got the little cover off and thankfully the brake pin wasn't seized and came right out.

Moto7man 03-21-2017 10:57 PM

I am trying to get the Honda finished and ride it a little before the 2018 Gassers get here. I mounted a "Braking" Wave rotor on the front and an EBC vented rotor on the rear. I finished bleeding the front brake and it works good. I hooked up the rear brake master cylinder linkage with the 2014 YZ450F brake pedal. I was able to use the stock Honda pin but I had to bend the Honda clevis. I had bought a New YZF clevis but it was a smaller size than the Honda master cylinder and I could not use it. The YZF pedal bolt cleared the swingarm but it was a little close.

I was going to install a Megura 314 throttle but I had trouble finding a throttle cable that I thought would work. I got a good deal on a Domino Throttle and I bought a nos Honda throttle cover that slipped right on without a problem.