Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussions & Announcements (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   first enduro since 1995.... (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14245)

jhendr3702 02-11-2013 09:18 AM

first enduro since 1995....

bunch of buds are riding the post enduro this year.. talked the wife into letting me ride.. have not rode an enduro since 1995 ( the year i broke 2 verts in my neck)
plan on taking it very easy.. riding on a line with a dad and 13yr old kid and plan on just staying with them all race.. the bike is ready (stays that way) the 50 yr old body is not...lol
cant wait.. proud to put gas gas on the make of bike line...

GMP 02-11-2013 09:30 AM

Many times organized events are safer than just trail riding, because of the course maintanence and sweep riders. Just ride and have fun. Try to get in the best physical shape you can, that is the best way to prevent injuries. Its also what can separate you from the masses in the Super Senior or whatever they call the 50+ class down there. If you can ride as hard at the end as the beginning, you have a big advantage. Mix cardio and strength training, I've had a lot of success with TRX training. Good Luck!

roostafish 02-11-2013 10:07 AM

Just go have fun. I did a motocross this weekend for the first time in many years. I was very nervous. I even threw up before the first moto right on the line. I lived through it though. You will too.

jhendr3702 02-11-2013 10:11 AM

our normal rides are every other week.. about 40 miles.. very tight single track for the most part.. last ride we rode 4 hours and only made 30 miles.

i have a month to race day.. not going to kill myself, but some cardio and stretching every day..

for the most part, i am not too tired or sore after those rides, depending..
my pace is pretty much the same start to finish.. i dont seem to use too much energy on the gasser.. if i can keep it up right that is...:rolleyes:

Bandit9 02-11-2013 11:40 AM

Hey man! Glad to see you back at it.

You riding Short or Long Course? If Short Course, you will be fine. They are about as long as your normal rides have been. I rode Long Course at Cycleland (85 ground miles) after not riding in 7 months and I had trouble walking for a week. :eek:

Just treat like a trail ride and all will be good.

jhendr3702 02-11-2013 12:32 PM

i have only rode a long course once... it was a huge mistake..

we lived in tulsa when the isde was there on Zinc ranch. they were running an enduro before that there.. we rode the short and felt pretty good (on a cr250 lol) they came around begging guys to ride another loop.. i rode out with the sweepers..

gasgasman 02-11-2013 01:26 PM

Great to see you decided to race.:D

Good thing about a sanctioned event, there's always help close by. Ambulances included.

jhendr3702 02-11-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasgasman (Post 104517)
Great to see you decided to race.:D

Good thing about a sanctioned event, there's always help close by. Ambulances included.

we always say.... this is a horrible place to land a helicopter....lol

rgranger 02-11-2013 02:11 PM

You are not still on that old GG are you :)

twowheels 02-11-2013 02:17 PM

Braap, braap - have some fun!