Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum

Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php)
-   Enduro Engine - 2 stroke (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   250/300 clutch parts crossover (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1996)

Skidad 01-07-2008 10:32 PM

250/300 clutch parts crossover

Do any of the clutch parts (plates, basket, inner basket, etc.) cross over to any other brands of bikes?

Thanks,

Skidad in MA

GMP 01-08-2008 06:03 AM

The plates are the same as Honda CR250 but slightly thinner. If you have to do one I'd say go OEM. What I have found, as most others here, is that the GG clutch is about the best out there. Unless your really aggressive or abusive its a none issue for awhile, especially on a 300. My '00 just had a clutch swap last year, and the '03 is still original, working fine for the new owners. Maybe I'm just easy on clutches?

Loosenut 01-08-2008 09:02 AM

I concur with GMP. My 2000 EC300 is still on it's original clutch. I figure my 2005 will last nearly as long. Go OEM.

Skidad 01-08-2008 11:12 AM

Well, here is the reason I asked. "If" I get a GG bike I wanted to install a Rekluse Pro auto clutch. Much better and easier to adjust than the standard Rekluse Z-Start model. It also has full over ride capability with stock clutch like feel, the standard Z-Start does not. Problem is they don't make it (yet?). The entire inner clutch hub is replaced with a new Rekluse piece specially made for the Pro model. The tooling costs for these hubs are huge I'm sure so the demand has to really be there for them to make it. I though GG might have had almost an exact copy of another brands (Jap bike clutch I'm thinking) inner hub so I could possible use that instead. Just me being me here:D

I fired off an e-mail to Rekluse asking about the possibilities of the Pro model for the 250/300 GG bikes. (anyone else interested as well?) Yes, they do have the standard model available if it's the only way to get one.

Skidad in MA

gasIdaho 01-09-2008 07:08 AM

I have friends at Rekluse and they assure me that there will not be a GG Rekluse Pro anytime soon. They are too backed up making/selling parts for the Jap bikes and Harley's :mad: Too bad b/c the new Pro model really is the shi$%$%t. Flawless engagement and override.....best of both worlds. I have the z-start and was able to use CRF450 plates after burning up my GG plates but the thickness is a bit different. The CR/CRF clutch is very similar to the GG in terms of dimensions.I'm interested to see if the Honda Rekluse inner hub will work with the GG.

Skidad 01-09-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasIdaho (Post 11912)
I have friends at Rekluse and they assure me that there will not be a GG Rekluse Pro anytime soon. They are too backed up making/selling parts for the Jap bikes and Harley's :mad: Too bad b/c the new Pro model really is the shi$%$%t. Flawless engagement and override.....best of both worlds. I have the z-start and was able to use CRF450 plates after burning up my GG plates but the thickness is a bit different. The CR/CRF clutch is very similar to the GG in terms of dimensions.I'm interested to see if the Honda Rekluse inner hub will work with the GG.

Thanks for the info even if it's not what I want to hear. This is too bad because like you say the Pro model is sweet and works really well.

It's the main shaft spline fitment that's the big issue here. Almost anything else can be worked around with a good machine shop, trial end error, and $$$ I guess. I will pursue this further if I become a GG owner. (very likely)

Skidad in MA